How good must you be to race in a league?

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
I've been playing mainly on Forza/Race Pro on 360 in the past and get tired of all the guys who just smash you off the track all the time so I bought a PC Wheel and GTR Evo. It's very similar to Race Pro so I don't feel like a fish out of water.

I race in a couple of 360 leagues, but the 8-cars in a race limitation in Forza means I spend a lot of time chasing a car in the distance as everyone's been at this longer than me. *coughs*:tremble:

I was hoping to find a PC league somewhere that caters to 'beginners' and wondered what kind of lap times I'd have to be capable of on GTR Evo before it was worth me considering joining a league?

Maybe, in fact, there is one that caters for slower drivers who just want a fair race with no t-boning in the corners and 20+ cars in the race?

Any advice appreciated - but please type slowly as I'm getting old now and can't see as well... :snail:

You will absolutely love the Formula Masters, I guarantee that. I'm itching for some sort of RD announcement about a league with these cars, that will be so much fun. I'm even thinking of organising a Formula Friday for the guys I race with on a different forum which may follow the 2010 F1 calendar and use Paul Metcalfe's brilliant F1 replica IFM skins.

That sounds good Richard, let me know if you need any drivers :thumb:

I'd replace the "good" part of your question with "safe".

Speed isnt everything, consistency is nice, but in my opinion its most important to be safe, and controlled. Everyone would like to win of course but this has to be balanced with everyone getting a fair chance to race their race and enjoy themselves.

• Kyle Evers

You can be the slowest guy in the history of sim-racing and still enter a league. Speed isnt the most important thing on Racedepartment, its fairness and friendlyness that really counts. Most leagues (if not all) have the mix between the aliens, the average people and the newbies who are just getting to grips with the game. Either way, you are guaranteed a fair and fun fight anywhere in the field.

Well said Ross. You can join any RD league that is open, regardless of how good of a driver you are. The leagues are meant to be for everyone of every skill level, and are meant for fun. Sure it's nice to win, but having a clean and organized race is more important, at least to me it is.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.5%