How fast is your connection and what do you pay?

1749686761.png

Type: Optic Fibre
Services included: Standard TV Package , Phone / Xtra Large package for Internet
Price: £39
Speeds mentioned in contract: 50M/s download, 4MB/s upload (end of month internet will be upgraded to 100MB/s , no price change)

Are you satisfied? Hell yes, very stable and extremely good, downtime once a year for maintenance

1749867088.png

Type: 3G
Services included: Internet only
Price: 13 Pounds for 2 GB Cap
Speeds mentioned in contract: No
Are you satisfied? Better than what I had, which was no internet at all!

1749900364.png

Type: Cable
Services: Just internet (option to bundle with phone and t.v. for "discounts")
Advertised Speed: 24Mbps Down, 1Mbps Up, 100GB per month
Price: $59.99 + modem rental $7
Satisfied: I guess (as satisfied as anyone could be feeding a giant corporation millions of dollars per year for something that costs cents on the $100 bills). I usually go over my 100GB per month, but the price is average for my area.

The modem rental in Canada is quite idiotic.. A modem shouldn't cost much more than €50. So at $7 a month it would be cheaper after about 10 months to use your own.

I couldn't agree more with everything.
What I coudn't believe was
1746808032.png
!!!!! That's beyond insane!!!

The price is just too high for me, especially for the amount of users each provider has. But the lower services are much worse bang for buck. My GF used to pay $40/ month for 128kbps service. I'd rather pay the extra $20 and get 20Mbps. Plus the fee on the modem?? It makes sense to just buy it from them, even though they charge $350 for it. More than likely it's proprietary based so you cannot get your own cheaper modem, because that would save you money (of which would go to a different company, in which giant-corp wouldn't like).
None of the smaller providers have caps on their usage.Which is a problem in my mind. Only certain areas have smaller based providers who do this, I'm stuck with mega-giant corp who feeds on public poverty.
There was recently a (some?) court case(s) that were trying to sue the bigger companies for such horribleness but who knows, maybe it was the huge comanies suing the little guys due to their own douchebaggery.

I just pay my bills and make sure I use 99.99% of what I get each month. They'll get what they have coming to them soon enough.

1751245955.png

Type: DSL I think
Services included: Internet
Price: 32€
Speeds mentioned in contract: 10/1

Are you satisfied? Not at all... Because this was a lucky test, useally I get 8mb/s download and 0,4 mb/s upload..

Plus the fee on the modem?? It makes sense to just buy it from them, even though they charge $350 for it.

Woah! I have gotten all my modems for free :S I think the only thing i´ve paid for was my HD-box for the tele that cost $170 or so.

In Stockholm they are testing 1 gigabyte per second now (1.000mbit/s :) It costs $445 right now but will fall in price when it gets more users. I believe it was a "pilot-project"

Currently on 8mb and constantly get 8mb no throttling. Live on jersey with a population of 100000 so no need for throttling.

Gigabit Internet is hopefully gonna be up and running next year.

Even the TV receiver is free here. Soon I'll join a test pilot for HDTV over IPTV (DSL connection) + multiple tv connections one a DSL connection.. Last year I threw away the sattellite dish to get IPTV trough DSL.

I live outside built-up area, so cable is not available, and fibre won't be available for 100,000 years lol. But in big parts of the country they're laying down fibre. Currently KPN gives out 500mbit/s through fibre at a price of €70 per month..

But I'm happy with 21.5mbit/s through DSL.

1819183620.png

Type: DSL
Services included: Phone (not mobile) and internet
Price: a little bit less then €15
Speeds mentioned in contract: It should be 50Mbit/s

Are you satisfied? Nope, got very unstable internet with this provider,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back