PC1 How does Project Cars compares to Assetto Corsa?

I don't have a CSW champ, and IMO, included in the minimum and recommended specs should be which wheels are coded for, cause pcars and rf2 aren't coded properly for G27's....and that's fine, IF YOU WARN ME on the specs, but don't keep pretending that I'm the oddball, and that I'm the only one who has legitimate complaints, and if you want, I can source HUNDREDS of complaints all over the www, but you wanna keep that noise down right?...lol

I just reinstalled GTR2 and P&G, and damn, AWESOME FFB out the box, ie, the same logitec profile that I use on every other "proper" sim{deg of rotation varies from 540-900}, and a few minutes ingame setting it up...no such luck with rf2/pcars and even AC to some degree....all modern games which are bypassing the ffb motor of G27.

Well David I have a G27 myself as well and is an always there always works backup and for use on secondary systems. I am sure everyone has hopes that the G27 users are able to dial them in for use in pCARS and no your not ignored. Fellow members are very forth coming in efforts to help if kindly asked. :thumbsup:

Anyway My CSW no longer works too well with my favorite older gmotor based games? It has something to do with the CSS usb adapter and happened when they did the firmware and driver changes to introduce the CS handbrake. So I am in the same boat David but just on the other side of the coin.

Last edited:
I have read through almost every post in almost every thread in the controllers section at WMD and tried adjusting every setting and every combination but never have I gotten the FFB to feel anywhere near as natural and detailed as GSCE or RF2 feels right out the box.

To those that have found the right settings and love the FFB, have you ever driven GSCE or RF2 and, if so, have you found settings for your wheel in Pcars thats makes the FFB comparable to GSCE or RF2 or do you not like the FFB in these other 2 sims or what?

I haven't found any settings to make the FFB in Pcars feel anywhere near as informative and detailed as GSCE and RF2. Is it not possible and was I just hoping for too much? I have heard Bmanic say how awesome the FFB in Pcars is because of it's complexity and adjustability but what good is it if it can't be adjusted to feel the way I prefer?

Yes I have driven GSCE and think it's quite wonderful while the FFB in RF2 may be a little more jolty then I prefer I am sure I could adjust it out but I though we were discussing out of the box defaults. However when I play one game to another I don't expect the same experience in each and every one of them and enjoy the differences from one to another. I very much like the FFB in PCARS I like the Steering Force levels and really don't care all that much for overcooked road noise coming through the wheel so I have to add AC FFB as very likable as well as iRacing.

One thing I really don 't care for is FFB that feels like it's gonna break my delicate CSW.

Check the resolution on the same settings page. Every time I install an updated driver, the resolution changes from my native res of 1280x1024 to 1280x768 and it makes it blurry just like you are describing. I set the resolution back to native and it's back to crisp and sharp again.
My monitor is a Samsung 24" (1920x1080p) and the resolution is correct in my rF2 video settings.

Doesn't change the fact that they remember how the track feels in the laserscanned version compared to real life, what other option is needed?

The point is, there really isn't another modern NASCAR sim out there for them to use. The company that used to make the main NASCAR sim is, ahem, now making iRacing.

As for circuit racing, there are other options now for those racers. There are a fair number of circuit racers on iRacing because at the time, that was all that was possible (as far as decent tracks). Now, the options are more open so you'll see some of them preferring something other than iRacing (for instance):

www.youtube.com/user/RastRene/videos

Here's one of Rene's responses on one of his videos:

Hi guys, please don’t hate each other just because one doesn’t like Pcars.
So now I tell you a short story : 2012 I started Simracing, did some championships during the winter with rfactor but only had one monitor and a Logitech g25. I asked Fanatec if there’s the chance to work together, we found a solution and I went there and by accident played Pcars the first time. I can still remember this moment, I was absolutely blown away by the realism of this game even though it was still in the early stages. After that I went home directly and asked if I could join Pcars. After that I stopped completely with rfactor, drove just some Iracing which I also stopped now, tried AC which I drove couple of times but I just didn’t like it. So now I am just focused on Pcars, the graphics are mind blowing , the development from build to build is just like getting a new present on Christmas Eve and the realism – the feeling how the car turns moves etc is the closest compared to a real race car. This is just my opinion and luckily everybody can has his own , so please don’t hate each other

You don't have to like Project CARS. I couldn't care less myself if no one does. However, for those like me who do drive real cars, what Project CARS offers is not replicated in any other sim currently available (and yes I do have an iRacing account, but I rarely use it).

The point is, there really isn't another modern NASCAR sim out there for them to use. The company that used to make the main NASCAR sim is, ahem, now making iRacing.

As for circuit racing, there are other options now for those racers. There are a fair number of circuit racers on iRacing because at the time, that was all that was possible (as far as decent tracks). Now, the options are more open so you'll see some of them preferring something other than iRacing (for instance):

www.youtube.com/user/RastRene/videos

Here's one of Rene's responses on one of his videos:

You don't have to like Project CARS. I couldn't care less myself if no one does. However, for those like me who do drive real cars, what Project CARS offers is not replicated in any other sim currently available (and yes I do have an iRacing account, but I rarely use it).
Why are you rarely using iRacing?

Why are you rarely using iRacing?

To be honest, I dislike the tire model. It has gotten better, but the techniques I use in iRacing are not remotely close for what I use in real life due to the tire modeling. I will say it's gotten much better since iRacing was introduced but the grip falloff over the limit is much too sharp. Take the video above. This was me testing out some tires (Kumho V710). Granted, these aren't a full slick, but they are fairly close and you can see that even when the tires break away, the car doesn't go completely nuts and spin out of control. Those tires sucked so the slip angle was much lower than I was used to so I was many seconds off my time with other tires, but the point was around the grip falloff.

Don't get me wrong, iRacing set the bar for how to create (semi) organized public racing. I think the iRating system is genius. However, the driving experience just isn't there for me. I never drove iRacing because I liked it; I drove it because I could have some decent online races every now and then when I wasn't racing in leagues.

FWIW, their oval behavior is second to none. They really built upon what they had with their NASCAR Racing series. Their circuit behavior is just not quite there yet.

To be honest, I dislike the tire model. It has gotten better, but the techniques I use in iRacing are not remotely close for what I use in real life due to the tire modeling. I will say it's gotten much better since iRacing was introduced but the grip falloff over the limit is much too sharp. Take the video above. This was me testing out some tires (Kumho V710). Granted, these aren't a full slick, but they are fairly close and you can see that even when the tires break away, the car doesn't go completely nuts and spin out of control. Those tires sucked so the slip angle was much lower than I was used to so I was many seconds off my time with other tires, but the point was around the grip falloff.

Don't get me wrong, iRacing set the bar for how to create (semi) organized public racing. I think the iRating system is genius. However, the driving experience just isn't there for me. I never drove iRacing because I liked it; I drove it because I could have some decent online races every now and then when I wasn't racing in leagues.

FWIW, their oval behavior is second to none. They really built upon what they had with their NASCAR Racing series. Their circuit behavior is just not quite there yet.
Well i do not know what to say, so many complain over the tire model and handling but since I have played assetto corsa a feel like it's too linear, and boring not rewarding at all, but with iRacing you get that sense of dynamic feel that is unique, I don't know about you but I have raced iRacing since 2012 so I have become more experienced, it takes alot of time but its so rewarding that nothing compares to it. I think that most people that don't like iRacing tend to give up too fast before realising how nice the sim actually is, personally I like the tire model because it behaves differently all the time which makes for a more fun experience... you can literally feel when tire get heated up and gaining more grip. All these suttle details in iRacing plus the millimeter accurate tracks makes a unmatched sim.

Ps. Ranked best racing game of all time by PC GAMER

Well i do not know what to say, so many complain over the tire model and handling but since I have played assetto corsa a feel like it's too linear, and boring not rewarding at all, but with iRacing you get that sense of dynamic feel that is unique, I don't know about you but I have raced iRacing since 2012 so I have become more experienced, it takes alot of time but its so rewarding that nothing compares to it. I think that most people that don't like iRacing tend to give up too fast before realising how nice the sim actually is, personally I like the tire model because it behaves differently all the time which makes for a more fun experience... you can literally feel when tire get heated up and gaining more grip. All these suttle details in iRacing plus the millimeter accurate tracks makes a unmatched sim.

Ps. Ranked best racing game of all time by PC GAMER

FWIW, those rankings change over time. :) There was a "best racing game of all time" before iRacing.

I started with iRacing right after the beta testing completed in 2008. This is not a fake name, so you can look me up. :) I'm also currently the chief instructor for NASA Central Region so I do know a little something about performance driving:

http://drivenasacentral.com/contact.php

iRacing just doesn't have the proper tire physics (yet). That doesn't mean you shouldn't like it, but compared to what it's like to do this in real life, it's not correct. Project CARS (and Assetto Corsa) are both closer than iRacing is today to modern slicks behavior. rF2 is still using some of the workarounds they've used in previous generations (which increases grip too much at speed to compensation for the tire model not handling low speed grip will). It's not a bad thing, but it's something some of the new generation sims handle better.

FWIW, those rankings change over time. :) There was a "best racing game of all time" before iRacing.

I started with iRacing right after the beta testing completed in 2008. This is not a fake name, so you can look me up. :) I'm also currently the chief instructor for NASA Central Region so I do know a little something about performance driving:

http://drivenasacentral.com/contact.php

iRacing just doesn't have the proper tire physics (yet). That doesn't mean you shouldn't like it, but compared to what it's like to do this in real life, it's not correct. Project CARS (and Assetto Corsa) are both closer than iRacing is today to modern slicks behavior. rF2 is still using some of the workarounds they've used in previous generations (which increases grip too much at speed to compensation for the tire model not handling low speed grip will). It's not a bad thing, but it's something some of the new generation sims handle better.
Well then there is nothing more for me to say. you won!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%