PC1 how does pcars compare to grid autosport and shift2?

Much better. Not on the same scale. Shift 2 modded was passable but Pcars is far superior. Grid is more of a simcade FUN game. Not a race sim at all and certainly not in this same league as GSCE, Race 07, Assetto Corsa, RF2 or GTR2. In my subjective opinion that is. :)
Graphics wise, Pcars will be very very good.

Last edited:
To me, this game could easily have called Shift 3. It is very similar, only in pCars lot's more content and physics are better (not hard to beat Shift 2 in that aspect lol)

Still the physics are far from perfect in pCars. Some cars just feel bad to me.

Everyone is also very enthousiastic about the graphics but i actually don't know why. I play Driveclub on PS4 and that game looks way better.

Probably i'm gonna buy this game but on PS4 playing it with controller -.-

I played Grid 1, it was fun, but pointless to use with a wheel. I ended up using the gamepad and loved the drift modes! Shift 2 was fun, it looked damn good, but the physics were off. Very off. pCars is hard to compare with those two. The looks are incredible, and the physics is better than the bunch. Better than the Codie's F1 series, that's the latest Codie's games I've played other than Dirt3. It will be worth buying for the offline career mode. I don't think there will be a game that better simulates a racer's career. I love it, and am looking forward to moving from the beta to the real thing. (Almost every other update makes you delete your Career file...)

Another point: both GRiD and Shift have always gone for "overhyped" performance and you can really see that in replays in either game: silly fast camera pans, not a stable view of the race, unnecessary depth of field crap...

When pCARS started out in alpha they reused some elements from the Shift game engine, so we had the same effects at first. Later they rewrote those modules, just like they rewrote all the physics andFFB. Now pCARS behaves as you would expect from a proper serious simulator.

To me, this game could easily have called Shift 3. It is very similar, only in pCars lot's more content and physics are better (not hard to beat Shift 2 in that aspect lol)

Everyone is also very enthousiastic about the graphics but i actually don't know why. I play Driveclub on PS4 and that game looks way better.

Driveclub on PS4 doesn't look as good as Project CARS on my PC, but I realize a PC has hardware advantages.

Just curious...why wouldn't you get it for PC?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%