How does Iracing work with track selection

I might join iRacing but not sure how it works, basically I want to get enough points to drive a Porsche Cup Car. When I finally get to that stage and I want to race in it, can I just pick to race from a list of tracks that I have enabled? Or do the servers pick daily tracks?

As all I want to really race on is Spa, Imola, Donnigton Park, Brands Hatch and Monza.

Thanks

The tracks change weekly and are pre-selected before hand to form the season schedule. People do vote for tracks they want in the schedule, then it is made. The schedule was actually just made and voted on, out of your tracks you like, I only see Brands Hatch on there. Look in the Porsche GT3 forum to see the schedule.
Or you can maybe find a league that races the Porsche cup car and they have their own selected track schedule.

The tracks change weekly and are pre-selected before hand to form the season schedule. People do vote for tracks they want in the schedule, then it is made. The schedule was actually just made and voted on, out of your tracks you like, I only see Brands Hatch on there. Look in the Porsche GT3 forum to see the schedule.
Or you can maybe find a league that races the Porsche cup car and they have their own selected track schedule.

What about Unofficial racing, can people just set up there own races? Bit lame that we get forced into racing pre selected tracks each week.........that has put me off

it's the lame part that gets you the numbers for the grids. Since we raced Zandvoort yesterday, we were more than 90 guys, so 4 grids of pretty equal strength were formed which made for some good racing. To me, tracks are not as important as fellow players, and sticking to the schedule means you always get a good number of them because only in the official series are iRacing and safety rating points awarded, whereas setting up your own hosted session means, you might not get enough attention to get a decent grid. I agree, it is not a free system, but it delivers competitive grids with zero hassle every hour or every two hours.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back