F1 2011 How do you rate F1 2011 The Game?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Time for our weekly site poll. This week we are going to rate the newly released F1 2011 The Game by Codemasters.

Needless to mention that if you have not played the game you do not have to vote

7. It's ok but control with wheel is nowhere near as good as others. Codies games just don't handle wheels well. But it's definitely playable, but I think there are better options out there for racing F1 online against other humans. Modding doesn't change anything for me as it's not proper modding, it's merely messing around with files which tweak colours, adjust cameras etc. But it wouldn't make sense for them to open the game up to others to mod properly or nobody would have to buy the next one.

The series will never get a 10 from me because it's main problem is that it is made to make lots of money. Some of the community here at RD demand high standards, but we are a small percentage of the market. For the rest of the people buying this game on xbox or ps3, it will no doubt make their day and be a 9 or 10. I can appreciate that, and think codies have actually done a good job in comparison to some of the others in the past with the official game.

I'm gonna hold off voting for a couple of weeks.

ATM I absolutley love it, and would probably tick 9 if I had to.

I like to race 100% races (it's not F1 otherwise) so I need to take my time and build my thoughts as to a final score.

Platform - PC

I think ill give it an overall 8. At first it would have been a 5.

The extras in this game are fantastic, DRS, KERS, Safety Car ( although i have yet to see it) more information on the dashboards and throughout the paddock, New tyres, new cutscenes, better helmets, Co - op, split screen and many more.

The downsides for me are graphics(characters and surrounding areas especially, seriously CM get on the phone to Rockstar for 2012 for your graphics, or Crytek)
core physics ( they seem a bit unrealistic compared to 2010 and rain can be done flat out no worries unlike 2010)
network facilities (terrible lag in full games as well as some PS3 freezes)
ranking system (Boosters again)
Penalty system (slightly improved but still unreliable, attacking kerbs and getting 20 second penalty.... yea right)

I have more beefs, i just forgot, but its still a good game, hopefully theyll continue to patch it throughout the year and fix the problems. But yeah if they want to make a truly amazing game they need to go to rockstar and ask them to do the graphics for next year and only let CM work on the core physics and take it back to 2010.

Would of been nice to have TV camera view for replays and spectator.

Im constantly having to set my controller up because it isnt saving the settings properly.

I never lost connection in any races with 2010, but with 2011 ive had 5 in 2 days. Which isnt going to be good when the leagues start. Fair enough ill prolly be last every race, but id rather cross the line than be a DNF or DSQ.

The bulk of people score this game a 9/10....on what basis?
It's loaded with bugs, has forced me and others to reinstall, constantly kicks me from MP{which is virtually pointless with the 11/11 bug and the incredible speed of xbox pad users......some of whom are 3-5seconds quicker than me with my sim background and G27}.

Ugly assed GFX, ridiculous FOV for cockpit{again}, and many accounts of inconsistent and downright stupid AI, annoying as hell rain in your face etc, etc......that's what you score a 9????, no wonder we see so many crappy unfinished games when the bulk of people rate such lowly junk so highly.

Bloodly hell, the games dev's must have such little regard for our collective knowledge and intelligence.....it really is embarrassing how easily pleased some of you are.

I gave it a solid 7. When they released F1 2010 with all of those bugs i could overlook that fact because it was their first try. Now with F1 2011 they did the same thing over again :( Overall it's a solid racegame and I love driving it, it's just those little bugs that annoy me and take away a whole lot of the experience for me.

i was watching the gamespot's review on this game, first, they gave 7.5, why? because of the graphics xD, and because no tutorial hohohohoho, then i saw how that noob drives, i was so LOL, they give a formula one game to guy who plays nfs as hardest driving game, and he is the one who rates it! f1 is a game where u seek perfection of driving. not perfection of a game, just what i was asking for this game was the AI who will be able to beat me on such easy tracks as malasya sepang etc. that seems good, i managed to get to tenth place with virgo, i find it very good game! u guys should not judge it by it looks, its only math after all, they are codemasters...

Gave it a 9 on initial impressions after the first few days but it could drop or increase to 10 depending on whether they fix certain things (corner cutting problems, spring bug, etc).

Would really have liked to see an improved replay system and telemetry in this years game but perhaps next year!!

I gave it a 6...because Online Co-Op Championship AI is broken. If and when that is fixed my rating will increase to 9.0.

It missed out on a 10 primarily because the replay camera angles, and sound effects during replays are sub-par. But at least the racing is top notch.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back