How do you pack multiple layouts???

Hi guys - I promise - this is my last post (well for a while anyway) to ask a question thats probably been posted a million times before (searched but didnt find anything)

Anyway - what is the process for packing multiple track layouts in one "trackpack" is it a simple thing to do?

I have the next release of my track ready to go with 4 different layouts and cant seem to work out how to weld them all together (i've looked at other multitracks for inspiration)

Thanks for any help....
Chris

I think what you need to do is export them into different folders as if they were totally different tracks and then put all the folders into another one. I'm doing the same thing with a track of mine: there will be a 'Watling Park' folder that will include 'Watling Park long', 'Watling Park short' and 'Watling Park long reverse'.

I don't know if there's a way of maybe using the same MAS files for all tracks, and then including just the AIW, SCN, etc, files in each of the folders. This would save an awful lot of space. Let's see whether someone who really knows what they're talking about drops in XDXD

If you plan ahead. The only objects you'll need to separate into individual layout mas files are the following:
XSector1.gmt
XSector2.gmt
XPitout.gmt
XPitIn.gmt
XFinish.gmt
StartLight.gmt
StartGlow.gmt
PitLightOut.gmt
PitLightIn.gmt
PitGlowOut.gmt
PitGlowIn.gmt

And any

Cone###.gmt - if you've moved them.

Have a look at Arizona Motor Sports Park (in the rFactor track downloads) for reference.

If you plan ahead. The only objects you'll need to separate into individual layout mas files are the following:
XSector1.gmt
XSector2.gmt
XPitout.gmt
XPitIn.gmt
XFinish.gmt
StartLight.gmt
StartGlow.gmt
PitLightOut.gmt
PitLightIn.gmt
PitGlowOut.gmt
PitGlowIn.gmt

And any

Cone###.gmt - if you've moved them.

Have a look at Arizona Motor Sports Park (in the rFactor track downloads) for reference.

And people like me will be eternally grateful for your efficient use on my disk space :)

Oh dear! I've been tinkering around with this for a couple of days now trying to pack all four layouts into one pack! Every time I think i'm close I get a CTD, or when I run a test race some of the objects are missing from the track surroundings.

Lookin like I'm gonna have to release these as seperate downloads - unless some kind soul would like to have a go at packing them???

Cheers,
Chris

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back