How do you initiate a pit stop?

EDIT:

TLDR for anyone who stumbles upon this thread:

Pit stops are only possible in Assetto Corsa during Races in Online Multiplayer. (NOT Practice or Qualifying.)

end EDIT
------------
I know that it is only in Multiplayer that Pit Stops work. But, how do I make a pit stop happen? I have read that I am supposed to "just pull into the stall and it will happen automagically."

Well, it doesn't seem to work for me. I can't seem to find an answer.

I can't be the only one that has this question.

Please help, and thanks in advance from me and everyone else that is wondering.

Last edited:
OK.

So, I should remember which box is mine.

Why doesn't the stupid pit guy hold out the pit pole/sign like in Real Life™?
I am quite pleased with the rest of the game, but this pit situation is strange.

The pit guy at box number 1 seems to be the only one that lowers the sign, signifying for a driver to Stop Here. Of course, that isn't the correct box to stop in, as I have figured out.

Modders, where you at? Can we get a pit guy to lower the sign for the correct pit box?

Last edited:
Thank you for the video, Majuh.
But, I have driven down the pit lane several times and I have never seen that white outline marker and arrow that displays in the driver's pit box in that video. I will have to check again, though. Maybe I'm just blind or didn't know what to look for...
Also, I could swear that I have stopped in several different stalls and nothing ever happens.
But do you have to do something to get that marker to appear?

And that was pit box #1. Coincidence, or is that always the box?

And if it matters, my game is Steam version 1.4.3 64 bit

Last edited:
You need to be in a race in MP. Not in practice, not in Q. Race only, MP only.
Ah-ha!

I think that's it!

I never tried in a race, because, I WANTED TO PRACTICE!

OK, thanks!

EDIT:
Thanks Phil! I got a late Christmas present when my crack pit crew performed a flawless pit stop.

( I finished 16th of 24, but that's not the point.)

Last edited:
SP pitstops are not available yet, only in MP and AI races. If you want to pit during AI races just pull into the pit area and you'll see the pit icon floating above your team's pit area.
Single Player means playing any game mode that isn't online/multiplayer. Single Player (SP) doesn't mean practicing alone on the track, it means that you are the only player (human) connected to the game, either or not against robot players, the AI.

Well, all this is to say that SP pitstops are available, but only in racing mode, not in practice, hotlap, or qualifying. Only in race mode/session. So in race mode the player only has to enter the pits and stop where it shows the PIT indicator.

Single Player means playing any game mode that isn't online/multiplayer. Single Player (SP) doesn't mean practicing alone on the track, it means that you are the only player (human) connected to the game, either or not against robot players, the AI.

Well, all this is to say that SP pitstops are available, but only in racing mode, not in practice, hotlap, or qualifying. Only in race mode/session. So in race mode the player only has to enter the pits and stop where it shows the PIT indicator.

You may very well be correct but as far as I'm concerned single player means one car on track ie. hotlap, practice. In offline races there is more than one player on the track, even if they are computer generated.

Singleplayer includes all options still available after you pull the network cable out of the computer. Number of cars on track don't enter into the definition.

Sadly regards pitstops the AI only stops for fuel, not for tires. So with an increased wear rate it's possible for a human player to require a pit stop, but the AI will just wear it's tires out...

I've (had) the same problem in a 90 min. race on a server weeks ago: No white pit box or marker visible in the pitlane, when I entered the pits half through the race. The pit crew was not ready, so no pit stop possible.. (except pressing ESC->'back to pits' in the pits and getting a 30 or 40 sec. penalty).
Like the thread opener I'm wondering how (which button you have to press, or else) to initiate a pit stop pre entering the pits as well.

Only drove shorter races with no need to do a pit stop so far, so I'll have to try again in some race session.
Maybe then I'm wiser. :)

How come there is so little information about pitstops in AC available online? Is the information here still correct? Is it only online multiplayer, or offline with multiple cars on the track on a race day or other competitive track?

If you damage your car, how can you repair it, if you're playing offline? Do you just have to start your race over?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%