Tracks How do you do audiosources on tracks?

Hello
I want to make some ambience noises for a track but can´t get the working.
Do I have to look into the 3d-model or can you just paste audio-sources from another track?

You need an object or "node" which it's location in the model is he source of the audio.

This is an example of an entry in the audio_sources.ini for a track.
[AC_AUDIO_1]
VOLUME_SCALE=20
VOLUME=0.9
FILENAME=content/sfx/ambience_1.wav

The AC_AUDIO_1 in this entry is the name of the object in the model.

You need an object or "node" which it's location in the model is he source of the audio.

This is an example of an entry in the audio_sources.ini for a track.
[AC_AUDIO_1]
VOLUME_SCALE=20
VOLUME=0.9
FILENAME=content/sfx/ambience_1.wav

The AC_AUDIO_1 in this entry is the name of the object in the model.
Thanks

I have played a bit with reverb in my track, it turns out that reverb is not attached to the object, but it is attached to that objects origin. So to have nice lasting reverb going through some semi-closed spaces I had to split objects into many separate ones and bring origin to each ones geometry. Right now I have 30 objects for reverb around my little track, work in progress :D

I have played a bit with reverb in my track...

Bit of a dredge but wondering if anyone could give some tips for reverb.

When I name an object "AC_AUDIO_0" for example and then give it the following values in audio_sources.ini:

[REVERB_0]
ENABLED=1
NODE=AC_AUDIO_0
MINDISTANCE=175
MAXDISTANCE=225
PRESET=CUSTOM
DECAY_TIME=2750
EARLY_DELAY=50
LATE_DELAY=250
HF_REFERENCE=4500
HF_DECAY_RATIO=75
DIFFUSION=100
DENSITY=100
LOW_SHELF_FREQUENCY=250
LOW_SHELF_GAIN=0
HIGH_CUT=4000
EARLY_LATE_MIX=80
WET_LEVEL=-16

...I get a little bit of reverb but also seem to get the ambient birds noise as well? So I named the object "REVERB_0" and made the "NODE"=REVERB_0, but this seems to have no audio effect at all. I just want the echo and nothing else.

Is there a detailed guide anywhere for audio sources? Have looked all over the place.

Is there a detailed guide anywhere for audio sources? Have looked all over the place.
That's something I would like to know, too. For example, if part of a Track runs through a Tunnel, there should be Reverb on a longer section, and not just at a particular point, like for example, under a Bridge. I work with Blender and my Reverb Objects are Empties, kinda like the Start- and Pit- Objects.

Hi there,

Have been following the discussion of audio sources with intrigue. I am a new user of Assetto Corsa and am attempting to find some info on audio sources for tracks to create some special tracks for those that are visually impaired. My goal is to attach some audio files to each side of the track to give you an indication of upcoming turns in an effort to keep you on the track. Was wondering if there would be anyone here that would be willing to assist in the creation of such a project. The reason I ask is because I am visually impaired myself and have no knowledge of creating things within photoshop. I however am more than willing to research the creation of the config files and the like. So if there is anyone willing to help, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

some info on audio sources for tracks to create some special tracks for those that are visually impaired.
There is a small tutorial on how to do this using CSP:
Together with CSP's wiki:

Not sure if this is what you're after, though.
You could setup a sound (say, "2 right, don't cut") on a specific location (with some volume (its range)) on track. The sound starts playing whenever you're in this range.
You could do this on track edges, too (say, it beeps when you're close), but with a certain range of the audio, this requires hundreds of points to be added (you could possibly automate this if you're clever). Not impossible I'd say, just a whole lot of work.

I still need to test if I can get custom sounds for surfaces to work. That way, you could edit the track's surfaces, say the outer 1 meter to be a different surface with beeping as surface sound. Haven't gotten round to trying this yet.

But..!
Maybe this is programmable within an app? As apps can read the AI line which has left and right limits. The app could warn when you're close?
The AI line also contains information about braking points; that could be converted into warnings, maybe?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back