F1 2011 How do you deal with (not) restarting career races

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
This is something I've always wanted to know. I've always had a problem racing championship/seasons (in ANY game) because I would make mistakes and restart races. Restarting is cheating and nullifies the standings (IMO), but I don't know how to resist.

I may practice for a long time at my favorite track, then a crash/spin/penalty on lap 1 and then what? I don't feel like racing my favorite track (or any track) a lap down. I hate restarting, but I can't not restart because I'll just explode if I have to just forget about the race and move on.

Um, so how do you guys deal with this? Its the worst part of racing career mode imo.

Well Victor thats impressive driving then mate!
I think I only got a couple of wins in season 1 at Williams. So well done.
Maybe then the only way for you to enjoy career is to drive a slower car, dont accept upgrades, major in prime tyres, don't use DRS, dont do any laps in Q3. Just ideas to make it harder for you.

Well Victor thats impressive driving then mate!
I think I only got a couple of wins in season 1 at Williams. So well done.
Maybe then the only way for you to enjoy career is to drive a slower car, dont accept upgrades, major in prime tyres, don't use DRS, dont do any laps in Q3. Just ideas to make it harder for you.

I'll see what's going on after I install the patch. Yesterday I've done some car tests in GP mode so the most realistically car is Torro Rosso. With it I was fighting for 6-7-8-9-10th places in Canada so it's good. Sauber, FI, Williams, Renault are too fast, especially Sauber. On the other hand - HRT, Lotus and Virgin are too slow. If I play with one of these cars I only have lonely races at 19th place.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back