F1 2010 How do Tiers work in F1 2010?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, after i made a post about tiers on respect to R&D i wud still like to know more about tiers.

Steve Stoops original post:
http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-game/52057-do-new-teams-improve-each-season.html

carperformancetiers.jpg

So how does your car move up and down the tiers?
By the tiers, it would be decided by the World Constructor Championship finishing place.

Tier 1
1st place
2nd

Tier 2
3rd
4th
5th

Tier 3
6th
7th

Tier 4
8th
9th

Tier 5
10th
11th
12th

So for example, for me i choose the lotus in season 1. Finished 5th place in the W.C.C.
So for season 2 has my Lotus car moved up just 1 tier to tier 4 or did it move immediately upto tier 2, as i finished 5th in the W.C.C

On another note, it also limits how far you may be able to get the lotus as Truli is soooo useless, still in a better car. So i could never finish 1st or 2nd in the W.C.C with Truli as my team mate, so i think cos of this its very hard or near impossible to get the Lotus into tier 1.

The second driver will always be the no.1 driver in each of the teams no matter what. I accepted a deal to Red Bull in my 3rd year working from Virgin for two years before moving onto Red Bull after winning all but 3 races. I thought I would be playing with Webber but ended up with German boy instead (Vettel). And it is almost impossible to get 1st in WCC unless you are at least in Renault and your team mate scores points regularly... >>

to be fair, I didn't make that table, just found it on the CM forums and posted it here :)

As to your q: In any case you do not 'skip' tiers. I'm fairly certain you'll always only move up one tier so not jumping from T 5 to T1 if you win the WCC. Now how much WCC finishing position affects moving up a tier I don't know. Might be you automatically move up if you saty with a team, or perhaps dependant on meeting the team's objectives, I don't know, and don't think CM ever elaborated on that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back