F1 2010 How do I stop spinning out?!?!?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

I have always considered myself an above average driver. Not great but pretty good. I have only played one other driving game and that’s the GT series. GT1, GT4 and now GT5 and have done well with all of them. But this 2010 F1 game is driving me crazy and is making me think I’m not as good as I thought I was. LOL

I have done the first race in career mode probably close to 15 times now. I play it with everything turned off. I do really well for a while but inevitably I spin out and almost always it happens while going slowly around a sharp turn. I have tried everything to not spin but I always do. Tried going more slowly, tried adjusting things on the car, etc….. Some things help a little but not enough.

Is there any advice you guys can give me to help me from spinning out all the time. I’m too stubborn to turn traction control on. I’m also too stubborn to continue on in any position less than 18th. Which is why I keep doing the 1st race over and over. I haven’t even tried another track yet (Yeah I got issues). Spinning out once and a while wouldn’t bug me to much but I can’t seem to get through a single race without doing it.

Thanks

This game demands patience and practice, more than any racer I've ever played.

Also keep in mind that you start with a lowly ride, so expect many struggles in the early part of your first season.

I didn't win my first race until Montreal.

Another trick I use which I find to be useful if the car is about to spin out but not quite so bad that you need to tap the brake pedal is to upshift one gear. This is better in faster corners under heavy acceleration than the slower corners that you mentioned, but still might help :)

On a slightly side but related note there are a few corners in the game that seem to automatically spin me if I get to close to them. The 3rd corner in Bahrain is one of these corners where if I try and apex it the car just seems to fly out of control, so I have to take a weird feeling deeper line in.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%