How do I remove the pieces of the driver from the cockpit view?

I mean whenever I drive a mod car, there's always pieces of the driver's body in the way no matter how I setup the FOV or the position of the seat, there's always a remanescent piece of the virtual driver's body in the way.

How do I remove it for good?

Thx in advance!!

PS: I don't want to remove the virtual driver from the outside view, just the cockpit.

Old mods are made to use the old driver.kn5 (you can find it in the SDK directory). But the driver3d.ini still calls the driver.kn5 (the new one). So rename the old kn5 (eg: olddriver.kn5), copy it to the "drivers" directory and change the driver3d.ini with
[MODEL]
NAME=olddriver

Or you can recreate the steer.ksanim to fit the new driver.kn5.

You can also try to hide objects in driver3d.ini
for example
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:Driver_Body_SUB0
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

There also is a mod "Onboard Settings" which lets you move the viewpoint forward. It also has an "auto" button that usually does the right thing right there.

There also is a mod "Onboard Settings" which lets you move the viewpoint forward. It also has an "auto" button that usually does the right thing right there.

That is a setting in AC not a mod :)

2ajak9j.jpg

This is caused by the viewpoint being wrong on Mod cars (especially in VR). Content manager can fix the autoviewpoint for modded cars.
Yep, just 'analyse' the mod in the car information screen in CM (it's a button near the bottom) and follow the advice. I run all new car mods through the anaylser as a matter of course - it's normally the first thing I do with them. Just beware that CM might tell you the sound might not work properly on some mods: always test it first, as it's often fine and you might be replacing a perfectly good sound file.

Old mods are made to use the old driver.kn5 (you can find it in the SDK directory). But the driver3d.ini still calls the driver.kn5 (the new one). So rename the old kn5 (eg: olddriver.kn5), copy it to the "drivers" directory and change the driver3d.ini with
[MODEL]
NAME=olddriver

Or you can recreate the steer.ksanim to fit the new driver.kn5.

You can also try to hide objects in driver3d.ini
for example
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:Driver_Body_SUB0
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE
Can i ditch the driver all together for green screening? As in the replay static cam as well?

Yep, just 'analyse' the mod in the car information screen in CM (it's a button near the bottom) and follow the advice. I run all new car mods through the anaylser as a matter of course - it's normally the first thing I do with them. Just beware that CM might tell you the sound might not work properly on some mods: always test it first, as it's often fine and you might be replacing a perfectly good sound file.
Old thread, I know, but I didn't want open another one
Could you please give more details about this?
Analyse the mod car, with CM?
Thank you

I did this, but same story
Some parts of the driver clothes / seatbelt / are visible, especially when I move my head ( Trackir 5 )
Is not possible to remove some parts of the driver clothes / seatbelt ?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 442 39.6%