How do I make a dirty side of the racetrack?

Hi, im not really sure on how to explain this but I have a runoff area which is made of concrete but my problem is that it has the same grip level has the track so cars that go wide dont lose control but I need to find out if its possible to edit the texture so its like grass but looks like concrete.

Here is a picture of the area: http://postimage.org/image/hy4cgkxo1/full/

The standard darkline from rfactor in the corners is already programmed to give about 5% more grip than the normal asphalt.
But indeed you are right, the runoff area's should have their grip greatly reduced compared to the track itself.
You should rename the material you use at the runoff to runoff.
Than add this part below to your TDF file.
After the line materials at the end you can add more material names that should have the same property.

Here is a example that should work. Just past it in your TDF file.
// Runoff
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadDustGrip Wet=RoadWetGrip Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.1 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.4 Sparks=1 Scraping=1 Sound=dry
Reaction=tiresmoke Tex=smokewhite.tga Max=1024 Scale=(1.0,1.0,1.0) Growth=(4.0,3.0,2.0) ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=skid Tex=skidhard.tga Max=2500 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=0.41 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.05,0.07,0.90) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=runoff,

This should really give the car the behaviour it's going over a dirty piece of tarmac.
Where all the dust, sand, debris and rubber marbles end up.

Good luck with it!

[quote="Kennett Ylitalo, post
, Race07 has hardcoded materials and only one grip level can be changed.[/quote]

you can edit the race 07 materials file same as the others, but unless every one uses the same file its pointless.......... ( help I fall through the track!!!! )
thats why I gave up with dirt tracks for evo.... too many headaches.
maybe different for the steam version which I don't use.....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%