• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get initial skin for a UNI color car?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by dud, Nov 23, 2016.

1. dud

dud
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    Cars that have a uniform color (no graphics) usually don't come with a skin sheet that has the correct pieces in a DDS file. They have dds file like "UNI_Carpaint_NoGrain_SPC" which just defines the color.

Is there a way to get a skin file with the proper cutout? E.g. from the 3D model?

I'm using Blender, Gimp and 3DSimED31c.

2. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Kunos cars with no decals use the metal_detail.dds file to set color.

3. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg
    CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE Premium

Ratings:
    +91
    If you look in your assettocorsa/sdk/dev folder there are templates for the Kunos cars.
    Regards

4. dud

dud
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much. I guess the f430 mod will have to wait then :)

5. Abilio_KID

Abilio_KID

Ratings:
    +27
    Where can we find that F430 mod?

6. dud

dud
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I meant 360.

7. Abilio_KID

Abilio_KID

Ratings:
    +27
    If you wish, give me the link of the car so I can have a look at it (I have found one 360 modena mod but it may be another one).
    About your original question: if you want the default texture of the car skin, 3DSim can do that (you can also get all textures the car uses); if you want the wireframe, you need a program to load UV maps from such texture (there are free ones out there, I think Blender does that too?) and save them to an image so you can merge it in Gimp, Photoshop, etc.

8. josepmaria

josepmaria

Ratings:
    +8
    Hi friends !!!
    I'm interested in the same thing
    I'd like to convert the Ferrari 250 GTO that I made some time ago for Butch's GTO mod for GTL to use it in AC, but no way to find a template or at lest a skin to work with ... Can someone help me ???

Attached Files:

• Clip.png
      Clip.png
      File size:
      399.6 KB
      Views: