1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC How do I get initial skin for a UNI color car?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by dud, Nov 23, 2016.

1. dud

dud
    Premium Member

Cars that have a uniform color (no graphics) usually don't come with a skin sheet that has the correct pieces in a DDS file. They have dds file like "UNI_Carpaint_NoGrain_SPC" which just defines the color.

Is there a way to get a skin file with the proper cutout? E.g. from the 3D model?

I'm using Blender, Gimp and 3DSimED31c.

2. Kunos cars with no decals use the metal_detail.dds file to set color.

3. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg
    Premium Member

If you look in your assettocorsa/sdk/dev folder there are templates for the Kunos cars.
    Regards

4. dud

dud
    Premium Member

Thank you so much. I guess the f430 mod will have to wait then :)

5. Where can we find that F430 mod?

6. dud

dud
    Premium Member

Sorry, I meant 360.

7. If you wish, give me the link of the car so I can have a look at it (I have found one 360 modena mod but it may be another one).
    About your original question: if you want the default texture of the car skin, 3DSim can do that (you can also get all textures the car uses); if you want the wireframe, you need a program to load UV maps from such texture (there are free ones out there, I think Blender does that too?) and save them to an image so you can merge it in Gimp, Photoshop, etc.

8. Hi friends !!!
    I'm interested in the same thing
    I'd like to convert the Ferrari 250 GTO that I made some time ago for Butch's GTO mod for GTL to use it in AC, but no way to find a template or at lest a skin to work with ... Can someone help me ???

Attached Files: