Cars How difficult is it to import RF2 Models/Cars into AC?

Hi Guys

Sorry for making a "questions" thread, but I figured it's better here than in the general AC forum.

My idea is simple: I firmly believe the Ferrari F138 is one of the nicest cars ever in a sim, and it badly needs someone to play with.

Now, I happen to have a very good contact with the guy who made the F1 2013 single player mod for Rfactor2, in fact I was helping out there. I'm fairly sure I could get permission for the 10 other car models to move them into AC.

I'm not necessarily saying bring them to a standard where people would want to race them as their own cars; rather, bring them to a standard where they look good enough to be driven by the AI, as competition for the Player Ferrari. Set them to F138 physics as a starting point, then edit Aero and Engine Performance to create somewhat realistic gaps between teams. The 2013 Ferrari season was a good performance, Alonso placing highly and Massa in the top half or third of the field, so it offers good room for a single player experience both for players who want to chase podiums or those who want to fight in the middle of the pack.

Voila, we would end up with a full season of cars, different models and individual performance, with the player in a Kunos-quality car himself.

Downside being: I never did any AC modding or 3D modding. Is there a guide somewhere on (legal!) conversions? I'd actually offer a fat donation to anyone who is willing to help. To me AC lives or dies with it's ability to have full series racing. We have the raw data, let's get to work...

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 233 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years