1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

How can I lock up tires?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by teamboc, Dec 9, 2011.

1. I know how to lock the both tyres at once.
    But I don't know how to lock just left or right tires.

Could you tell me how to lock just each tire?

2. turn off ABS

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

With ABS off it would be a lot easier. Its most likely that the wheel that has the less pressure on it will lock when braking too hard or too late. In a right handed corners your left tires carry most of the weight of the vehicle which can make your right front lock easier.

4. If you're braking and a wheel leaves the ground, it will lock up. This happens on bumps, such as those before turn 1 on Nürburgring.

5. can this possible I will not turn off ABS and better lock up tyres most smokes

6. Jamie-Lee Mayers

Jamie-Lee Mayers
    Just Another Racer

So you want to lock up the brakes but dont want to turn off the thing that stops you from locking up the brakes? dont really know how to respond to that

7. Weird thread, this one...why would you want to lock up the brakes in the first place ?? :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  8. To see the smoke? Hahaha

9. Finally someone dared to ask this question :D I was too baffled by the problem to do it :eek:

10. well without ABS i'd say gear into 1st from 7th at around 200mph. should have the desired effect. you won't be needing ABS then mate!

11. Won't even need brakes! ;)

12. :cool: :D First I was thinking that the op must be joking with us... Speaking for myself, I am always tweaking with my setup/brakes to avoid having them lock up on me...:rolleyes: