1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

How Big is Yours?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by jimortality, Aug 29, 2013.

1. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Your tv or monitor :laugh:. I currently play on my main tv which is a 50 inch plasma but I'm looking to have another tv just for my racing sims so I can set up my wheel etc and leave it in one place but I don't have room or budget for another 50. Just wondered what you guys use and do you have seperate tvs/monitors for your simming :)

Cheers

Jim

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

27" ......monitor here. Just my regular PC monitor I use for everything, including my simming needs.

3. Shawdad

Shawdad
    PSN ID: Shawdad

I use my 40" Bravia. (and my crappy home made wheel rig:() My computer is in the same room with my tv so I just use a long HDMI cable to run to my tv.

4. 27 inch Samsung P2770. All you need really.

5. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

37" Sony Bravia

6. 85" Optoma HD 200

7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

22" x3 BenQ 120htz

8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur
    AC Addict

Dedicated to PC/SIM 32 inch LCD TV via HDMI, but really looking forward to Oculus Rift when Consumer version is available.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  9. LG Flatron L1718S and alonside it a LG Flatron L1710B USB

10. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

19" HP monitor in portrait mode... well, 5 of them:D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Currently 17":( had triple screens but 2 broke :cry: but will be back with a vengeance grrr:mad: :):):)

12. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Interesting, so you guys with the monitors, you able to adapt from watching tv on a bigger screen then racing on a smaller screen?

13. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Just replaced my old 19" TV with a 24" Acer Monitor. Was relatively cheap at £110 so I'm hoping to get another 2 in the next couple of months. It was either going to be 1 x 24" 120hz or 3 x 24" 60hz so I plopped for the cheaper screens.

I'm on my PC more than I watch the tele(40") so can't say I have any issues switching between the 2. Can't imagine it's too bad, probably depends on how far away you sit. My tele is a good few feet away and my monitor is only a couple of feet.

14. 24inch, my screen that is :p

15. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

I have 2 Acer 24" screens, one in front of my face behind the wheel and one a little at the side for chatting and other stuff.

16. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

40" main screen and 2 32" side screens run using SoftTH.

17. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

24" 1920x1200 middle + 2x 20" 1600x1200 sides - using softTH

18. Single 40" Samsung LED, dedicated to cockpit. Soon(ish) to be tripled.
    The nice tv is downstairs with all the stereo bits. Prefer headphones for racing, and people not walking all over the place around me.

19. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

LG TV, 42".

20. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I'm thinking this could be the way forward for me. I'm going to get a monitor today and then expand to 3 eventually. Just need to decide 24 or 27"