How are you killing time?

So, how are people 'killing time' whilst we wait patiently for AC? Are other racing sims/games being played solely or maybe there's a TV series that you're glued to? Heading out doors maybe for a spot of kayaking in your thermals?

I've been hooked on the tv show 'Breaking Bad' but have made it to the last season and decided to pace myself - I highly recommend it!

Been playing rfactor 2. Tested out their latest update last night and it seems like an incremental update to the tire physics. Nothing mindblowing, just slightly more grip which translates to an over all better feel. The tires still lack a rubbery/grippy feel that I feel KS always nail

Of course, I love to join in in any NetKar online/offline play when I feel like a blast. Which seems to be every other day at the moment as online is often dry and time trialing solos are getting a bit boring. I have however (finally) started playing with car setups and I've made a fair bit of progress with the osella and replica. Finding the 1800 & 2000 a bit more challenging but my times are improving

Oh, and I think i'm getting addicted to DayZ! I've really gone off of FPS since overdoing it on BF3 over the last couple of years and DayZ is a really refreshing change. It's a zombie apocalypse sim and it really is quite a gripping game. Didnt think i'd like it very much due to fewer and far between targets but its so much more than just a shooter. If you're looking to jump in I'd say wait for DayZ Standalone to be released as it will be easier to setup, play, visually more impressive and cheaper! Should be beta in the next couple of months

Anyways. Hope you guys have been enjoying the calm before the storm, too :)

Cow

Dude, haven't you tried the Corvette C6 from rFactor 2 yet??? It's a blast mate and mostly I am there at the moment :)

Apart from that, watching the Walking Dead, Fringe, How I met your mother, Big bang theory, Supernatural...

Some Clio Cup on Tuesdays at RD helps as well ;)

What a freken nerd I am. :redface: With AC, I'll be a total nerd then :roflmao:

Hey Stefan. Yep I played with the c6 when it came out and after the update too. Loving it! Nicer feel to it since the update, what do you think?

playing... ADOM rougelike...

voskreshenie-ADOM.gif

Diablo3 is like Forza. ADOM is like netkar.

I'm in a holding pattern since it seems everything I'm into I'm still waiting for....Walking Dead, Nascar (all racing series really), and of course the golden ticket bum bum alpha beta tech preview demo thingy.

Got kicked off the iracing forums for being too negative (that place is going to hell in a basket quickly IMO) and making solo laps in Netkar and P&Gv3. Also found a free to play WWII flying game called War Thunder that is quite a bit of fun.

I'm just biding my time... racing the McLaren on iRacing when I can, keeping an eye out for Formula Truck, practicing for other events, and waiting for delivery of Atoms For Peace's album "AMOK", which I pre-ordered today.

Also have to look at going ahead with my planned PC upgrade in time for the release...

Yeh I've tried euro truck sim 2 a couple of times now. It's actually quite addictive! You tried the physics mod out? Supposed to make the suspension and cab physics more realistic

Gp bikes is very hard lol. Would love to get a ffb handle bar controller and play with that instead I my wheel lol

Physics mod feel interesting but I'll try a bit more the game as the devs did before to test it. Location mods are very impressive way to unlarge our map. I'll buy the expensive East euro map cause the game does not feel and look like any others and I just paid 25€ for this, It deserve to take more my money. I hope for latin country european map and online mod or mode.

GP bikes is hard first times, especially for me that never drove any motorized bicycle. But the immersion and pleasure is awesome and this is 2 things that most of racesims forget. Piboso did a great work and deserve a lot for that.

images

I hope what they are fixing also works for full game so there is not much delay between both releases. I even don't prefer to have the tech demo if it means some weeks delay for the full game. The real deal was to have the TD for Christmas, so now let's go for the big prize with all those BMW and Ferraris and more.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%