How are you killing time?

So, how are people 'killing time' whilst we wait patiently for AC? Are other racing sims/games being played solely or maybe there's a TV series that you're glued to? Heading out doors maybe for a spot of kayaking in your thermals?

I've been hooked on the tv show 'Breaking Bad' but have made it to the last season and decided to pace myself - I highly recommend it!

Been playing rfactor 2. Tested out their latest update last night and it seems like an incremental update to the tire physics. Nothing mindblowing, just slightly more grip which translates to an over all better feel. The tires still lack a rubbery/grippy feel that I feel KS always nail

Of course, I love to join in in any NetKar online/offline play when I feel like a blast. Which seems to be every other day at the moment as online is often dry and time trialing solos are getting a bit boring. I have however (finally) started playing with car setups and I've made a fair bit of progress with the osella and replica. Finding the 1800 & 2000 a bit more challenging but my times are improving

Oh, and I think i'm getting addicted to DayZ! I've really gone off of FPS since overdoing it on BF3 over the last couple of years and DayZ is a really refreshing change. It's a zombie apocalypse sim and it really is quite a gripping game. Didnt think i'd like it very much due to fewer and far between targets but its so much more than just a shooter. If you're looking to jump in I'd say wait for DayZ Standalone to be released as it will be easier to setup, play, visually more impressive and cheaper! Should be beta in the next couple of months

Anyways. Hope you guys have been enjoying the calm before the storm, too :)

Cow

I Renew iRacing membership for 3 month and bought (leased) beloved Skip Barber formulas, couple weeks ago I bought World Racing Series, I often drive RRRE Lakeview Hillclimb with Judd and I must start with GSC Club races again (I worked a lot night shifts previous month, so I missed some :() ... and yes ... can`t wait for AC!

11337_1349282834.png

Yeh I have Arma oa too but haven't done much other than the initial tutorials. Will give this a try too. I miss chopper flying!
I like to pick a map then put various vehicles at certain places :)

C130 in South start, fly up to airport, take the Chinhook (banana chopper) fly out to west, take a small agile chopper, fly out to east, take an apache, fly back to airport, take fighter jet and fly home :)

I am modelling and play sometimes at Euro Truck Simulator 2, GP bikes or even Test Drive unlimited 1.

Yeh I've tried euro truck sim 2 a couple of times now. It's actually quite addictive! You tried the physics mod out? Supposed to make the suspension and cab physics more realistic

Gp bikes is very hard lol. Would love to get a ffb handle bar controller and play with that instead I my wheel lol

For some reason my friend got me back into Star Wars the Old Republic. Pretty fun kicking ass around the galaxy again, haven't played it in a good while.

I've also been just running around in pCars with the new cars that've come out recently, and the occasional Skippy, very occasional, race on iRacing. And the ever present GT5 weekend racing. And, I'm also putting together a Spec Miata mini-mod. So I'm keeping busy ;)

I've been spending the last few days searching pics of older or unusual cars that I haven't seen before, trying to get ideas of what would be interesting to model, I like to try avoiding modeling "obvious" cars that other people would choose.

So, how are people 'killing time' whilst we wait patiently for AC? Are other racing sims/games being played solely or maybe there's a TV series that you're glued to?

Dude, haven't you tried the Corvette C6 from rFactor 2 yet??? It's a blast mate and mostly I am there at the moment :)

Apart from that, watching the Walking Dead, Fringe, How I met your mother, Big bang theory, Supernatural...

Some Clio Cup on Tuesdays at RD helps as well ;)

What a freken nerd I am. :redface: With AC, I'll be a total nerd then :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back