Hotmail Hacked?

As above when trying to sign into my account i was met with the password is incorrect and could not sign in. I know i had not changed it and have used the account for years now. I tried the reset password option but it would not work, i then filled out the validation form now and both times it said it could take upto 24 hours for a code to be sent that would allow me to reset my password.

This is now going on 3 days ago. I have since joined upto the Hotmail forums and posted there. But the lack of support in this is frankly disgusting considering the size of Microsoft. They have basically replied and told me to do everything i already have
facepalm.gif
Why would i be on their forums otherwise for gods sake.

They are saying it also looks fine their end....what?
confused.gif
How can it be fine when i can not gain access. The amount of numbers i have tried to at least try and speak to someone is beyond me, most leading to dead lines or just no answer.

I did a fresh install of winodws just to be safe. But now i have lost access to basically everything. That email was used for everything basically. I can not use my Steam account as it wants to send a code to my email to verify it's me. Same goes with Origin, i can not sign in as my password has changed. It has effected my Youtube and gMail account, can't get access to my Youtube account. Really i am seriously annoyed.

Does anyone have any experience here with this and know of any decent contact numbers or just any advice on what to do.

I have put hundreds of pounds into my steam account and Origin and really do not want to lose it all.

Humm, last time I heard about this, it happended to me. I had to provide much info about my account to the micro$oft-people. Then they gave me a new PW I had to change the first time I logged in. That worked.

Thanks Ole. That is what i have done mate now twice and still no response from them. I have managed to sort Origin and have contacted Steam aswell regrading the matter. But if i can't get my email back, i will have lost some very important contacts and more so i will lose my Youtube account and will mean creating a new one and moving as much over that i still have on my system saved in terms of videos and start all over again, something i really do not want to have to do as it's taken me ages to build it up.

Humm, strange. It did take a while for me as well though. But I figured that was because it was loads of people struggling with it at the same time.
I've now learned to have every single security thing up to date in my hotmail account.

Lee, im sorry this has happened to you, i know exactly what your going through, and im afraid i don't think their is light at the end of the tunnel for getting your account back.

i contacted Microsoft for several weeks (yes several) but i had no luck, i gave them permission to searched on the top 5 pages for my paypal details, i gave them a load of info, but they simply done nothing.

i was signed upto over 60 sites and i had personal emails and contacts i did not have saved or back uped, to cut the story straight is, i never did retrieve my email back.

Microsoft are the worsed for support.

Lesson learned, i checked all my settings on my new accoutn, done all the security features, took screenshots and locked them away on my PC, just incase this happens again.

you know why my account got hacked / blocked?

somethign microsoft is aware of as this is a world wide problem and it's big, the mass email of spam / junk email, if you get sent so much, your unaware that your account is automatically sending it back out to your contact lists, sending so much out means microsoft will then block your account.

STEAM - i contacted them directly (support ticket) and i gave them what they asked for, my bank details, and my phoen number i believe, i told them the account has been hacked/blocked and i was not able to retrieve any details, therefor making my accoutn recovery useless for steam, they thankfully then changed the email to the one i requested.

your steam account is linked by paypal / your bank, get the details they ask for (they should do) , then you are good to go.

Ya, Steam is good with recovering accounts, as far as I've seen on different forums.

I forward all my emails to 2 other services, just in case of outages, or stuff like this happening.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%