1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotlap Challenge - Retro Max @ Machwerk 1967

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HLCM
    Car: Retro Max
    Track: Machwerk
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Retro Expension
    Server open untill: Sunday June 17th 2012 - 12:00 GMT

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download here). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.
    Click this link to login to Teamspeak

Entry list
    Sign up is not needed. Just log into the server with your real name and have fun. Drivers that still login with a nickname and post a time on the leaderboards will be disqualified. Remember: all RaceDepartment rules apply here as well! This means gentlemen behavior at all times and taking good care of each other on track.

Timing
    I'll be posting the time manually once a day with the driver name and their time, each car of the class will be post separately so feel free to use as many cars as you like.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Timing

• Opel Commodore
    1. Yves Larose : 7:37:769
    2. Rupe Wilson : 7:47:662
    3. Dennis Phelan : 7:53:917
    4. Andreas Scholz : 8:01:864
    5. Steve Crossland : 8:11:982
    6. Dave Flower : 8:17:379
    7. Peter Bartfai : 8:31:626
    • BMW CSL
    1. Yves Larose : 7:36:469
    2. Rupe Wilson : 7:52:022
    3. Mario Peixoto : 7:54:698
    4. Dennis Phelan : 7:58:979
    5. Eric James : 7:59:668
    6. Dave Flower :8:04:564
    7. Steve Crossland : 8:08:345
    8. Jordi Casademunt : 8:08:989
    9. Peter Bartfai : 8:41:845
    10. Marcel vd Aa : 8:44:379
    • Camaro 70
    1. Yves Larose : 7:34:705
    2. Rupe Wilson : 7:44:059
    3. Dennis Phelan : 7:55:250
    4. Ian Strom : 8:00:164
    5. Arunas Linkevicius : 8:02:932
    6. Martin Leyfield : 8:08:058
    7. Ray Cochrane : 8:09:056
    • Corvette
    1. Yves Larose : 7:36:228
    2. Kane Lasky : 7:39:853
    3. Rupe Wilson : 7:45:337
    4. Matthias Klein : 7:45:930
    5. Dennis Phelan : 7:56:023
    6. Michal Szabo : 7:59:396
    7. Ian Strom : 8:00:713
    8. Jordi Casademunt : 8:07:484

3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

here's a quick video of a lap ;)

• Like Like x 6
  4. So all we have to do is enter the server, post some lap times until Sunday 17th, and we are automatically in? Sounds good to me! I always like to drive those cars around a classic track. :)

5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

thats right Mario no sign up needed just go on the server and have some fun, i'll be updating the times once a day and it would also be fun if people could post vids of their best lap ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Interesting format, great track. Shame I can't drive the Retro Max cars.

7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

8. Thanks Yves. I'll do a video once I get to know the track a bit better, I guess nobody wants to see a BMW CSL constantly getting wrecked because the driver doesn't know the track. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. I actually learnt this track a few months ago when lapping with a few online friends like Marlowemaniac and EAO Hector. I will do a lap this week sometime or maybe at the weekend. :)

Here are some times I did with a couple of cars.

Radical SR4 252bhp.
    6:37.489.
    --------------------------------
    BMW MINI COOPER.
    8:10.877.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Its never stopped me:roflmao:

11. Can I post times with different cars? I dont have the Retro cars.

12. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

nope the server is only set with the Retro Max cars but keep an eye on the forum as intend to do an hotlap challenge on a regular basis using different cars class/track combo each time ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oh ok no problem. I'll try the track, looks fun. :)

14. James Woods

James Woods
    Duvel

i'll try do some laps here, don't expect to get a good time though as i don't know these cars at all (even though i bought the retro pack a year ago) or this track :)

Hope the next hotlap comp is solitude and GT's :) been waiting for that combo forever!

15. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

@James Woods solitude is on my list of tracks, i haven't try the track yet but when i do i will give the GT's a try ;)

16. I will try and have a go at this if I get time. I know this aint Retro Max but just out of interest below is a video of Andy Breedon doing a 8:09.527 in a Retro Cool mini cooper when 100mbit had a server up for this circuit. My target is to beat this in a 1970 Camaro but I will probably fail.

17. Camaro 8:14.938 (very cautious) after staying up all night to watch the Venus transit of the Sun on NASA TV (it was cloudy sunrise her in the UK) and also after spinning just before the level crossing then driving the wrong way in error!.

This was my 5th ever competitive complete lap of Machwerk but I have done lots of mileage on this circuit. This was my first retro max lap though and I need more practice and setup. I had almost maximum ride height because I know it is bumpy and undulating. I suspension and anti-roll bar almost maximum soft so there was no snap oversteer. I will try again tomorrow with a lower and stiffer car but this depends on my computer which is freezing up every now and again.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    EDIT: Please do not include this time. Watched the replay and two rail rides and about three big track cuts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I hopped on earlier and did my first two complete laps in the Vette before running off to prep the vid.(the other day I tried this car I was constantly crashing it, but very little crashing today!) :)
    I am still not very familiar with this car, still driving like **** in general, and the track is not quite memorized yet.. but I am getting better. Got a long way to go if I wanna make up even 20 seconds to get closer to you guys.

Great track though! Kicks yer arse, but it is certainly fun. :thumbsup:

Vid is 720p, so you can see my terrible driving in HD*! Live too, none of this replay faff.

And do not mind the missing steering wheel, just trying it out.
    *(Except the encoder settings. got a little too aggressive there. future vids will look better)

19. I managed 8:13 in my very first lap. :confused: Honestly, I wasn't even sure I could finish the lap. Some tricky places there, and the BMW was very unstable under hard braking. I nearly lost it a couple of times.

I have a replay, going to upload it later. It is not onboard, but using TV cameras because it looks better. I will post a proper onboard once I do some more laps. :)

20. I had a 15 minute go in the Opel but no lap completed. Below is a 720p video of a bad cut the game permitted and a crash. I think the Opel needs max ride height? Or maybe half filling the fuel tank would make it a bit more stable on the jumps.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.