• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Hosting server via dedicated machine

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Geoffrey Fournier, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Geoffrey Fournier

Geoffrey Fournier

Ratings:
    +71
    Hi guys, after having issues for hosting my server on my own PC (via dedicated server), because some ports are impossible to use (thanks internet supplier), i wanted to look for a cheap server to host it but i just don't have any ideas. Do you guys have any recommendation or things you already used and was good? Thanks in advance!

2. Tony

Tony
    APIA RACING Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +565
    What do you mean some ports are impossible to use? Are they getting blocked by your ISP? Weird

3. Geoffrey Fournier

Geoffrey Fournier

Ratings:
    +71
    Yes they are.

4. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +78
    There are 2 port range settings (1025 - 65535) in your "Multiplayer.JSON". Change to working ports! Also, change your Router's port forwarding to your new port settings.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,400
    The simulation port and http port can be changed in the multiplayer.json.

The additional steam ports... I don't know if they can be changed?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans

Ratings:
    +861
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Geoffrey Fournier

Geoffrey Fournier

Ratings:
    +71
    Oh wow, you learnt me Something! Thank you very much guys. I can now see it and join it. Hopefully it won't lag when my friends joins. Thanks again! :)