Host on one PC & race on another???

Hey all,
I have the Steam version of GSCE. Is it possible to host races on one PC set up as a dedicated host and race on another. I have upload and download speeds of 75Mbps and Latency of 6ms which I currently host rFactor 2 races with no problems. I recently purchased GSCE on Steam, not from Reiza. Just wondering if it is possible.
Thanks,
Tony

Technically it is possible - GSCE has a dedicated server tool.

Once GSCE was installed on Steam, you wouldn't need to be connected to your Steam account to run the dedicated server (it is in the main install folder) so you could run the dedicated server, then run your GSC Steam version on your other computer and join your running server.

At the moment, however, the dedicated server does not work correctly in the Steam version. Reiza are aware of this and are working on it, so worry not. But yes, technically it is possible.

Thanks for the quick reply Nox. So basically if I did not purchase from Reiza I have to wait for a fix for the Steam version, correct? Sorry for my ignorance, but where is the dedicated server tool located? I guess my main concern was that I assumed Steam would not let me install the SIM on multiple PCs. I also assumed that I would have to be signed in to host and that I would be signed in on two PCs at the same time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%