1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Horrible FPS with new update

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Jeremy Paterson, Jul 1, 2011.

1. I've been away from the RACE series for a while. I'm addicted to iRacing now. But I was starting to miss driving the Ring, so I figured I'd fire up Race 07 today. I immediately noticed something was different: I started in the pit and the track looked updated. Cool.

The problem is, I'm getting really low FPS. It looks like a slideshow and is impossible to drive.
    I tried turning all the eye candy off and it's not any better. I used to get around 40-60. Now it's in the teens.

I searched through the first few pages here and didn't see anything that others mentioned about it. Did I miss something important since I've been gone? I really want to drive the Ring, but I can't do it at 10 FPS.

2. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

I drove a test drive at ring today with my new wheel and everything seems ok.

3. Aside from not being able to drive the Ring, iRacing is the most fun I've had with sim racing since I started earlier this year. It's not for everyone, so I'm not going to debate it... it's expensive, a lot of people don't like the Safety Rating system, and there are other things that people don't like... but I absolutely LOVE it! I'm not the fastest driver, so it's nice for me to be able to race in splits with other people that are at my skill level. It's a lot more competitive and fun for me. I couldn't get into the RD races because I just wasn't up to par with others on the track, so I ended up just driving by myself while everyone else was up ahead.

Anyway... back on topic: I was able to get decent framerates only after turning EVERYTHING down as far as possible, and disabling AA and AF. Needless to say, it looked like crap. I guess I'll just have to do without the Ring. I had a good time while it lasted, though!

4. Not sure whether our problems are linked, but have you read my thread? http://www.racedepartment.com/race-07-official-wtcc-game/56977-low-fps-issue-only-online.html

Is your problem juat at nordscheffe and or just online if answers are NO and YES respectivley then you may be having the same problems as me. I tried to find the cause of my woes to no avail

Eventually I sorted the problem the only way I knew would work even before I ever posted the thead

I re-installed Windows but I never did figure ouit what was causing it which is why I posted the thread in the first place :-(