Horner: 'I Don't Care'

When Dieter pulls the plug, and he will no doubt, Vettel will get another job, Marko will follow Vettel. Newey will get another job easy, the engineers and pit crews will be valuable to someone........ But Horner won't get another job. Not unless he starts his own team.
Right... Mercedes already tried to get Horner, but he recently signed for a few more years with Red Bull. Helmut Marko on the other hand has no operational position within Red Bull, he's essentially redundant when it comes to running the cars.

My job is to do the best I can for the team, to protect the team’s interest [...]
That's exactly what his job is and he's doing it pretty damn well. Red Bull is a well-oiled machine right now and it's not just down to Newey (who, by the way, was lured away from McLaren by none other than Horner). The team has other brilliant engineers as well, it has the fastest pit stops and also does a very good job when dealing with the press (other teams give way too much information away in an effort to polish their image, Red Bull on the other hand is much more tight-lipped). They are also very tight with FOM, which is invaluable. Horner deserves credit for no small part of that and if Mateschitz decided to dissolve RBR, pretty much any other team would welcome him with open arms. Mercedes' offer of last year is ample proof of that.

worm like individual? Lol..talk about bitter!

Horner made a very good point the other day:

and some of the comments on here prove his point rather beautifully.
I see no proof? where is it. actually, this is of no relevance to my argument. I have nothing but respect and admiration for newey - the guy who is, for me, the main reason redbull are consistent winners. Sorry mate - you're wrong on that one. nice try though.lol

I see no proof? where is it. actually, this is of no relevance to my argument. I have nothing but respect and admiration for newey - the guy who is, for me, the main reason redbull are consistent winners. Sorry mate - you're wrong on that one. nice try though.lol
Agree with that. And Williams, McLaren and Lotus all shared dominant periods of success, I don't ever recall them being disliked due to their success. The reason being was because how they conducted themselves and how Frank, Ron and Colin all portrayed the team to the fans, and that is. We are a race team, first and foremost. Not an over elaborate front for a fizzy drinks company.

Red Bull Racing and their drinks company has nothing in common though.
Well apart from the logo. Other teams have 500 different sponsors, some airlines, some Kingfisher etc. Even Lotus gets money from Head & Shoulders..

I agree Newey is the main reason why they have had success, he´s the best designer off all time or at least the most succesful one.

But, looking at RBR right now it´s not just the car that is good, they have better strategy, make better calls then Mc and Ferrari, they dominate in the pit stops etc.
It´s just a very well-oiled machine that will be very hard to stop.

And in many ways it´s a bit of an embarrassment seeing Mclaren and Ferrari still haven´t managed to produce the best car of the grid. Mclaren built a fast one last year but it had horrendous reliability which should be something teams more or less take for granted these days.

The last time Mclaren built properly competitive cars (championship contenders) was 07 and 08.
For Ferrari the same. 09-10-11-12-13 not once can they say they had the absolute best car of the grid.

That´s 5 years. It´s a bit of a joke actually.
And Mercedes... solved the tire wear to an extent and have a bonkers car over one lap.
They might not unlock the race pace that is obviously there.

Andrew, is your explicit hate for Mr.Horner so profound, because he bluntly rejected the idea of Hamilton joining Red Bull after he went begging for it in '11?
But musn't you agree that was probably one of the best,most leveled decisions he ever made!

He has kept that team perfectly balanced during their success and if it wasnt for one loose nut it is indeed a well oiled machine,so why add more drag?....Newey wouldn't have allowed that for sure!:laugh:
RB have been winning consistenly the past 3+yrs and not only because of one man and one man alone...it is a team effort through and through.
F1 isn't a popularity contest,but one of winning as Horner so clearly pointed out in a recent statement,so i doubt he loses to much sleep, just because he is unpopular amongst his felow countrymen.

Andrew, is your explicit hate for Mr.Horner so profound, because he bluntly rejected the idea of Hamilton joining Red Bull after he went begging for it in '11?
But musn't you agree that was probably one of the best,most leveled decisions he ever made!

He has kept that team perfectly balanced during their success and if it wasnt for one loose nut it is indeed a well oiled machine,so why add more drag?....Newey wouldn't have allowed that for sure!:laugh:
RB have been winning consistenly the past 3+yrs and not only because of one man and one man alone...it is a team effort through and through.
F1 isn't a popularity contest,but one of winning as Horner so clearly pointed out in a recent statement,so i doubt he loses to much sleep, just because he is unpopular amongst his felow countrymen.
ivan, with all due respect, i've seen you arguing with hampers so many times on the forums, that I am of the opinion that you just look for arguments - so forgive me for not giving you much credibility. this is lowered, furthermore, when you start trying to make random suggestions e.g. "hate" and "hamilton begging". The only conclusion I can come to is that you aim to irritate or to try to get these forums locked (which usually happens lol)

I don't "hate" anyone and whilst I am a hamilton fan (he's dominated vettel whenever he's had a reliable and competitive car) he's clarified that he didn't go looking specifically for redbull. if you know anything about sport these days (at the top end) you know that these guys have management companies and agents. he may have asked them to find him the best car - if his management, like everyone else, thought that that was a redbull, what does that say about vettel's fans claims that he is the greatest? until vettel leaves redbull, he will never be regarded as the greatest. unless horner achieves success without newey, the general consensus here is that he is not the real reason for the success of redbull. until horner shows some of the strength of ross brawn in leading, people will say he "lack balls". when horner effectively said, "please sebastian, please don't make me look like a mug in front of millions" he looked like a weak little boy. why didn't he lay the law down and say, "sebastian, I want you to ..." after all, if success is not down to just one individual such as vettel or newey, perhaps redbull could keep webber and ditch vettel - because in your opinion, horner is the reason for success. he is the focus of your admiration.

i defy anyone to say that if brawn couldn't run a winning team with newey's cars, vettel driving and yes...even hamilton. i tell you what, he would manage them both just like he did at malaysia with hamilton and rosberg while horner spent the following 2 weeks fending off questions about how feeble he was.:roflmao::coffee:

Hampers? That´s like me calling you Andrew Turd.
:roflmao: sorry hampus. by way of an apology, please accept this e-gift:

http://www.ripleyhampers.co.uk/Hamper.jpg ;)
Hamper.jpg

ivan, with all due respect, i've seen you arguing with hampers so many times on the forums, that I am of the opinion that you just look for arguments - so forgive me for not giving you much credibility. this is lowered, furthermore, when you start trying to make random suggestions e.g. "hate" and "hamilton begging". The only conclusion I can come to is that you aim to irritate or to try to get these forums locked (which usually happens lol)

U seem to have missed the point of what i do around here andrew...is that because you wasnt paying enough attention or because you're too quick to defend your favourite driver and the rest of his fanbase? I don't expect credibility from blind fan boys that can't see further then the helmet they root for.

Calling Horner "a weak ,worm like individual" is hardly a compliment in anyone's book,so let me know what is it if not a derogatory ,spitefull remark.
Fact is (despite what the british media suggest) that Hamilton made a trip to the RB camp during the Canadian Gp and confronted CH about a possible seat with his team,after which he was politely turned down,after which CH made a public statement explaining why Hamilton is a bad fit for their team.

(he's dominated vettel whenever he's had a reliable and competitive car) .

wow ..so he's dominated Vettel whenever he's had a faster car?!! But that doesn't conclude much does it?..other then the fact you are complitely blind to anything other then what LH does.

When LH beats Vettel at the end of the season to take the WDC in a head to head battle for a single point at the last race of the season and wins....then you can say that....so far he's only managed to do that with Massa ,and by default imo

until vettel leaves redbull, he will never be regarded as the greatest. unless horner achieves success without newey, the general consensus here is that he is not the real reason for the success of redbull. until horner shows some of the strength of ross brawn in leading, people will say he "lack balls". when horner effectively said, "please sebastian, please don't make me look like a mug in front of millions" he looked like a weak little boy. why didn't he lay the law down and say, "sebastian, I want you to ..." after all, if success is not down to just one individual such as vettel or newey, perhaps redbull could keep webber and ditch vettel - because in your opinion, horner is the reason for success. he is the focus of your admiration.

andrew ,this type of phylosophy is mainly propagated by british journos and on british sites and forums.Try looking outside the box
No matter what happens there will always be a million haters outhere...its the price you pay for being succesfull.

while horner spent the following 2 weeks fending off questions about how feeble he was.:roflmao::coffee:

the media can demoralize and make anyone feeble.....because that was exactly their intention.

Name one tread ive had locked;)

U seem to have missed the point of what i do around here andrew...is that because you wasnt paying enough attention or because you're too quick to defend your favourite driver and the rest of his fanbase? I don't expect credibility from blind fan boys that can't see further then the helmet they root for.

Calling Horner "a weak ,worm like individual" is hardly a compliment in anyone's book,so let me know what is it if not a derogatory ,spitefull remark.
Fact is (despite what the british media suggest) that Hamilton made a trip to the RB camp during the Canadian Gp and confronted CH about a possible seat with his team,after which he was politely turned down,after which CH made a public statement explaining why Hamilton is a bad fit for their team.

wow ..so he's dominated Vettel whenever he's had a faster car?!! But that doesn't conclude much does it?..other then the fact you are complitely blind to anything other then what LH does.

When LH beats Vettel at the end of the season to take the WDC in a head to head battle for a single point at the last race of the season and wins....then you can say that....so far he's only managed to do that with Massa ,and by default imo

andrew ,this type of phylosophy is mainly propagated by british journos and on british sites and forums.Try looking outside the box
No matter what happens there will always be a million haters outhere...its the price you pay for being succesfull.

the media can demoralize and make anyone feeble.....because that was exactly their intention.

Name one tread ive had locked;)

i always know that someone is losing an argument when they resort to personal insults .

i must admit though, i find your posts amusing - only being honest. let me tell you why...
the OP was about Christian Horner. I gave my opinion about Christian Horner - because I find him a weak leader. I think Webber is the victim despite trying to be a team player.

you then toddle along and start harping on about lewis hamilton and the british media etc etc.
you have wasted a lot of typed words and time on those comments - simply because the media and lewis hamilton had nothing to do with my opinion (responding to the original post). my opinion wasn't formed from listening to a reporter or reading something in a paper. I tell you what..it was formed from listening to horners exact words on many occasions. no doubt you will tell me that it's the media who did a voice over :roflmao:

regarding name calling (of poor christian)..i don't really understand your point. are you saying that bram should give me a verbal warning on the forum for describing christian in such a way? Now if christian said he "WAS BOTHERED" by criticism, maybe I wouldn't have referred to him - but HE ISN'T BOTHERED...because he's made a lot of money as a face of redbull :thumbsup:

about hamilton...(not that it has anything to do with the OP). he may well have chatted with horner, and brawn and murray walker but you don't know the exact words that were uttered do you? prove it. so your opinion is based on the british media (who YOU criticise) whereas my opinions are based on the words of the individual "the worm". also, i didn't say that hamilton has dominated vettel in a faster car..which makes your comment about me not paying attention as a little ironic.

i think someone else in the forum reminded us that you can be successful and still be liked. i think williams are loved and look at the titles they won. frank williams is respected. look at the reaction to maldonado's win last year. would horner get that? no doubt next you will be suggesting that horner is a better leader than frank williams? there is no comparison to be made.

ivan, i apologise if i have insulted an idol of yours and it has in some way affected you. I feel for you that you have become annoyed by someone disagreeing with you. However, i'm going to let you into a little secret...the world is a very large place and there are many people. some will disagree with you. you will have to accept it as my opinion is unchanged.

i can tell from your comments that you are a vettel fan but this thread is about horner so please don't move off topic. cheers:thumbsup:

Arguing with kids never gets you anywhere. It's funny because i shoud've figured this by now many times over

Oh well....live and learn until you do learn,i guess

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years