Horner and Webber to talk ‘behind closed doors’

Looks like Mark Webber will be sent to the principal's office for a little chat about his actions this last weekend.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/264187/horner-and-webber-to-talk-behind-closed-doors/

also, looking at this picture I can't help but think about the Sesame Street song "One of these things is not like the other".

172974.jpg

In this picture you will see the two most important men at RBR and Mark Webber is NOT one of these two men. Webber like Vettel can be replaced. There are plenty of other good drivers that can win if they got to drive the Red Bull car. The most important man at RBR is Adrian Newey. Without him Red Bull would lose their edge that they have over everyone else.

I can't see that. I think he was getting bored in F1.

Oh, and next time if you have more info, please edit your previous post rather than posting again.

Oh that would be nice to bring Kimi back. The Iceman ! I just hope someone give him a bit more voice. geez he was quiter than a you could hear the buzz of a mosquito over his voice.

Raikkonen clearly stated he has more fun in rally so it's nearly imposibble.

I think Webber should not be punished by the team in anyway, because he clearly avoid putting them into danger when trying to overtake Vettel. But should not have said 'i didn't care' to media, again a Webber tactlessness.

Photo is great. Newey-Horner couple and their guilty child :wink:

I read an interview with Christian Horner yesterday btw, and from how he responded to the question asking "will this incident have any effect on Webber's contract", I think it's not Red Bull who is unsure of keeping Webber.

My tip is that the driver to replace Webber at Red Bull next year is .............. erm................ Mark Webber. :D

He contributes quite a lot to the development of the team (both car and Vettel), and I can't see him getting a better offer than RBR.

Besides, what was he guilty of, catching Vettel and trying one clean pass, then obeying team orders?

Webber ignored the team orders, that was the problem of Christian Horner:) I understand them both completely.

I'm sure that if Red Bull wants to keep Webber (which seems to be the case), Webber would do a huge mistake not to stay there! Even if he's No. 2 there, what could he do at Ferrari? No. 2 behind Alonso? Maybe McLaren could be a good choice, but what if they won't change any of their drivers? Maybe a Hamilton-Webber swap would be possible, but Hamilton and Red Bull both said they don't need each other... of course, these kind of things are always denied, remember when Alonso went to Ferrari. We'll see. But yes I think too that Webber will stay there.

Good for Mark, if you have a racing driver who gladly lays down given an opportunity to do better, then they are not a true racing driver. It maybe a bit of momentary contention, but to have a driver who thinks that way is better than otherwise.

It would have been worse if he actually passed Vettel or even worse, the fact he stayed behind Vettel means that it wasn't the worse thing to do. Webber is a fantastic driver, he has had so much bad luck this year as usual with his KERS failing him 5 times this season, he is getting outclassed by Vettel which is making Webber look worse than he is.

Raikonnen isn't coming back to F1 for a while, if ever. He's even said he's competing in the 2012 WRC, he's clearly enjoying rally a lot more. even though all he does is crash >_>

i still kinda feel bad for Webber being overshadowed by Vettel so much. They may not treat him the best but they're the only ones that can provide him a competitive car. oh my, i might shed a tear if he beats Vettel anytime soon.

Raikonnen is looking at Nascar anyway :p

lol his shot at nascar was funny. since during qualifying the car didn't get as hot as his engineers said, he took the heat plates out of his seat for the race. the whole time on the radio he was *****ing and moaning about how hot it was, cursed the car and the team, complained how much his car sucked, and blamed his race on his lack of water.

well thats cuz Nascar sucks. I rather watch rocks fall than 5 hours of left turnings and slow pit stops. Montoya should get back to F1 now that the whole schumacher era is gone.

Mark webber is not allowed to beat vettle it will be in his contract that vettle is allowed to overtake him but not the other way round and he is only in f1 for the money that's y he dissent care its not that he can't win he ix not allowed to win

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back