F1 2010 Honest opinion regarding TT

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Guys.

Was just wondering what your honest opinion of TT is, ive just been looking through some setups and noticed that alot off people have made setups for TT and are running very quick times (as one would expect)

I can not see why anyone would like to do TT in my honest opinion. I used to do a few with this forum but confess i feel that its almost a joke on this game. Its a shame as this game has huge qualities but in TT mode the game feels like a arcade game you would find down a seafront arcade. The amount of grip is rediculous and really doesnt give you a proper feeling of how an F1 car would drive. Done Monaco in TT for 5 mins the other week and it was a joke, the speed i could do through some corners was crazy. I was constantly hitting the barriers on the apexes as the turn in was so powerfull without any form of understeer.

I prefer the car to feel like a tank on heavy fuel loads and move about a bit as it does with worn tyres. This is when it gives off a more realistic experiance.

I do hope that TT is altered for 2011 in a way that makes you feel like you are actually driving a car limited by traction. I think the cars speed should be typical of say a full sim quali 3 low fuel load situation. Does anyone know if this is something that codemasters are looking into with the new game? I hope so as with it recitified i could actually use TT for a bit of practice prior to events without getting the sense that i can brake at the 100m board everywhere.

I must agree with e_prkr, andrew is definitely a freak ;) I think he must use the same system the Lancia Delta HF Integrale rally team used back in the late 80's, their in car fire extinguisher was mysteriously becoming empty after each race and had to be replace, it later came to light that they were putting nitrous oxide in the extinguisher for that little extra performance.

Actually my HRT just use KERS :p

Ja that is correct i think regarding the A,

S means that the person has used their own setup perhaps. Defo something to do with setup.

Correct anything other than the default setup was used.

Not sure about the rest but for me, playing in T/T seems to mess up and give me more error in career GP. Reason being if i spend too long in T/T, the luxury of having the car glued to the ground. And from there, my feet will be more than happy to always on full throttle as i dont have to worry about my car skidding. That is especially true when you race in a GP with 50% race distance or more.

Just like if i play too much on Auto, eventually my brain will mess up the shifting sequence. Human brain is a funny thing. It will embed things that you do more frequently.

Example: Easy Vs Hard. You spend 55% on Easy, 45% on Hard, you brain will somehow tell your body to work the Easy way. :)

I use TT as a basis for setup creation and testing. Removing the fuel and tyre and track grip variables from the equation really makes things easier.

Then I dial in a little more grip by softening springs and a little more downforce, get to GP mode and tweak it.

I don't see why you are rambling about it, tbh. F1 2010 is quite arcade even in GP and Online mode too.

David Chardar,

I don't agree that (dry) TT is a valid environment for testing GP or career setups.
The increased grip levels distort everything. Less wing reqd = more speed resulting in gearing that is then wrong.
Extra grip numbs the impact of brake adjustmentsincl balance adjustments, and car balance changes. It allows weight to be too far fwd without the resulting lack of rear grip/drive or conversely too far back w/out loss of initial turn in.( I know Victor who is a genius uses front wing 11 to counter this but its an extreme setup).
Essentially the car runs too fast and too grippy so the subtle changes that one makes are camouflaged.
I feel conversely that setups should be developed on Prime tyres, No assists, fuel sim on.
If everything needs then to be altered to what benefit was the testing?
just my views mate thats all.
Oh and "Rambling" is what we are here for no?

Yeh im with you David, i wouldnt even contemplate trying a setup out in TT mode when wanting to use the same setup online in races. Like you say the differences are so huge between TT and career/online that i wouldnt trust the setup i use in TT for something online.
Put it this way, if i was to use a TT setup online i would be using wing 1/1 everywhere and have the car as low as possible and as stiff as hell. Not gonna work.

I had a 100% race with no assists and sims on the other day round Monaco with some guys from another forum im on. Cant say i found it arcadey in the slightest, was a proper head f**k trying to keep the car out of the wall for 78laps with varying fuels loads and grip. That said i have never played 'RFactor' or driven a real F1 car though so you will have to forgive me for that.

"Japan saw Villeneuve, for the eighth time that season, take pole position. Villeneuve was disqualified from the race, after failing to slow down under yellow flags during qualifying. He raced under appeal, but finished only fifth. Michael Schumacher won the race, while Frentzen came second and Irvine came third. Villeneuve's Williams team dropped his appeal after the race, leaving Schumacher one point ahead of Villeneuve in the Drivers' championship, meaning that the title would be decided at the season finale in Jerez"

It was at Jerez where Shumy pulled the block on Villeneuve and got DSQ.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%