Released Hondsrugring

i don't know exactly what you mean, but is there a way to "switch" them off in groups? At some places light is really needed. But how do other track builders build up their 24h tracks? Some cars really produce almost patheticaly no light with their headlights.

It did for a while, but after PT's tip i reinstalled the game and now i found my spirit back to go to work at the track again. I have a lot of work to do in Buinerveen and Drouwenermond. Terrain and TSO's. The trees have to be put at the right places and two essential constructions have to be build and added. A mill and a bridge.

-How in the world do you get so many trees so close together without killing your fps??? are they all individual objects?

I am building a 22-turn, 15.5km long city track through the streets of Buenos Aires, Argentina, driving by most of the city's landmarks. I need to save on fps as much as i can because I need to add many (MANY!) buildings (I counted up to 85 authentic buildings, plus fill-ins).

-How are your editing times in BTB with a track so long??? My track has a lot of width changes and it took me about 12hrs of work just to widen the corridors to match the track's width.

-What do you refer to as a "TSO"??

Search through the forum, there's a really good tutorial for converting objects from SketchUp to BTB.

In version 0.8.5.0 there are still too many trees close to the track. Before version 0.9.0.0 will be released, i will delete or replace some trees. One thing i did to raise the frame rate is to uncheck "recieving lights". It is the amount of shadows that drops the frame rate. TSO=Track Side Object.

Did you use the trees that come in the default XPack??
What method did you use to put them in the track? individual objects?? String of objects? tree wall??

By the way, great job on the track!

-Download and install SketchUp 6
-Look up in Google 3D warehouse if there's an already built mill or bridge that you like, if you find something, download it's SketchUp 6 file.
-Open the file in SketchUp, delete unnecessary polygons (like the bottom, internal walls and everything that won't be seen in-game)
- Export in *.kmz format
-Change kmz file extention to *.zip
-Extract the zip file
-Import the *.dae file into XPacker
(make sure all your textures are a power of 2)

There is still one thing that bugs me. When i let the WDC1970 AI cars drive around the track some of the cars, and in particular the 5L class (Porsche 917, Ferrari 512S), fail to keep on the road. They brake by far too late. I asked this question too at the rFactor forum, but no one reacts.

There is still one thing that bugs me. When i let the WDC1970 AI cars drive around the track some of the cars, and in particular the 5L class (Porsche 917, Ferrari 512S), fail to keep on the road. They brake by far too late. I asked this question too at the rFactor forum, but no one reacts.

This i would say is a mod specific problem,i find i get varying degree's of AI "skill" from mod to mod.

I tried a lot to get the WSC1970 mod working on this track, but to no avail. It won't work, the cars are sliding around the road no matter what.
But there are al lot of mods who do work so, it is not the track what is the problem.

What have i done the last couple of weeks:
Narrowing the track at places. Was 8.80m is 7.00m.
Adding and removing trees.
Started to do some work at Buinerveen.
Changed road textures.

Some news from here.

Changed some things:
  • width > Huge parts of the track are made more narrow now. Basicaly the track is 7.5 meters in stead of 8.80m.
  • The chicanes at Gasselternijveen are now 6.5m wide.
  • Added some bumps to add more realism at the Twee-derdeweg.
  • Buinerveen is finished now. Next village on it's way to completion is Drouwenermond.

This is what i have to do.
Finish the road between Drouwen and Gasselte.
Finish the Gasselternijveen village.
Finish the Avebe factory erea.
Finish Drouwenermond.
Work on a chicane version for the track.

HRRlately.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years