Honda Racing Lawn Mower

Cars Honda Racing Lawn Mower V0.95

Login or Register an account to download this content
Gave this thing a once over at the weekend, hoping to bash out some LODs and release it reasonably soon. As silly as this mod is, I hate having it released in the current state.

PBgIz1Y.jpg

Changes so far (compared to the current release) include:
  • Overall scale increase to match real dimensions (both visual and physics, wheelbase for example is 113mm longer)
  • Much better texture optimisation and organisation (will have 2D/3D skin templates)
  • Tyre textures
  • Brake discs + glow
  • Lights
  • Dash Gauges (RPM/water temp/shift light)
  • Small 3D model additions (fire extinguisher, handbrake, fuel cap etc)
  • New driver steering animation (should be slightly better, won't be amazing though, hand clipping knees etc).
  • Lots of small physics improvements, focused on driveability/stability (still not gonna be easy, but should be somewhat better)

Still To Do (before release):
  • LODs
  • Dirt/Damage
  • Add additional Motec screen (toggle-able in setup menu hopefully)
  • Add some skins (get in touch if you want to contribute, perhaps some Honda/MCL/ToroRosso themed ones or Team Dynamics?)

VO3tfphh.jpg

yVDIJ1Th.jpg

F0kKTyoh.jpg

Once there's a proper template I'd be more than happy to put some time to skinning this fantastic contraption. :)
Templates should be more or less ready, tested them with the simple Honda livery:

8JU0ji1h.png

VdN9ZN2h.png

Tu4uuSwh.png

Probably not the easiest to skin due to the odd shape, unsure how real life liveried could best be transferred onto it. But if you or anyone else wants to give it a go, let me know and I'll send over the templates (later tonight) :)

That wireframe and AO don't exactly match up when I bring them into Gimp as layers, but I'm guessing that has something to do with the how they were exported? If you're done changing the shape of the model then there's no reason to wait on creating liveries? I don't think adding LODs or adjust the motec display would require skins to be adjusted and re-exported, but I can always be wrong.

That wireframe and AO don't exactly match up when I bring them into Gimp as layers, but I'm guessing that has something to do with the how they were exported? If you're done changing the shape of the model then there's no reason to wait on creating liveries? I don't think adding LODs or adjust the motec display would require skins to be adjusted and re-exported, but I can always be wrong.
Yeah the pics I posted were just examples of the templates, not the templates themselves :roflmao: If you want them just ask, but don't try and use those, they are just low quality screenshots (hence they don't line up ;))

I wonder how this video wasn't posted yet :D
some specs from the description:

The Mean Mower is a bit different to Gordon and Matt's Honda Yuasa Racing Civics. It's based on a Honda HF2620 lawn tractor, but the regular 20bhp 614cc V-twin engine has made way for a 1,000cc V-Twin from a Honda Firestorm motorbike. This delivers 110bhp, and gives a power-to-weight ratio of 520bhp per tonne -- enabling the mower to do 0-60mph in under four seconds and hit 130mph.

I wonder how this video wasn't posted yet :D
some specs from the description:

The Mean Mower is a bit different to Gordon and Matt's Honda Yuasa Racing Civics. It's based on a Honda HF2620 lawn tractor, but the regular 20bhp 614cc V-twin engine has made way for a 1,000cc V-Twin from a Honda Firestorm motorbike. This delivers 110bhp, and gives a power-to-weight ratio of 520bhp per tonne -- enabling the mower to do 0-60mph in under four seconds and hit 130mph.
Haha, he seems a bit gentle on that mower, needs to give it the beans :D

lVpvgtIh.jpg

jKi48NKh.jpg

gkHDduCh.jpg

BGVNnOzh.jpg

Can I upload the changelog before release, or is that a Kunos-only thing? :D

Physics:

* edited aero (drag increased to match the frontal area increase)
* edited AI (though they are still quite slow)
* edited brakes
* edited inertia (increase to match new data)
* edited steering lock (increased slightly)
* edited fuel consumption (increased)
* edited 3D collider
* edited reverse gear ratio (increased max speed for epic reverse championship races)
* edited gearchange timing
* edited setup menu
* edited tyre naming
* edited tyre physics (wear/temp curves, thermals etc, added custom camber curves)
* edited suspension (increased wheelbase/track so match new data, along with many other tweaks including geometry and alignment refinements)

Visual:

* added LOD B, C and D
* added tyre textures
* added Wheel Blur
* added headlight textures
* added analog instruments (RPM and water temp)
* added digital instruments (fuel light, rpm light)
* added various decals (Honda, Team Dynamics etc)
* added various 3D model improvements (handbrake, fuel cap, fire extinguisher etc)
* added Brake Glow
* added exhaust wobble
* added spinning blades
* added optional Motec screen
* edited the 3D model to match new data (increased overall scale ~8.5%)
* edited and improved/optimised all textures, with better diffuse, normal, detail and RGB maps
* edited all onboard cameras
* edited driver 3D model (no HANS)

wC9IB2vh.jpg

SHY2H9Xh.jpg

K0jhIIVh.jpg

bkMNaj3h.jpg

AfBTQenh.jpg

5h1ufplh.jpg

I am amazed by the little honda seat, great texturing! (the rest as well of course..)
black rims looking good, reminds me of my lego cars :p

Are there any element coming from your GT1 mod ?
like the steering, or lcd screen ?

I am amazed by the little honda seat, great texturing! (the rest as well of course..)
black rims looking good, reminds me of my lego cars :p

Are there any element coming from your GT1 mod ?
like the steering, or lcd screen ?
The Motec display and housing came from the FSAE car. It was made to the correct C185 dimensions so just needed the rear details added and re-textured. Don't think anything else was taken from any of my other cars, certainly not the GT ones :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%