Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
This mod oozes quality in so many dimensions. Thank you so much for your hard work as is such a pleasure to drive. Your art is much appreciated!!!!

@Some1 Are there plans to update the mod still? We'll never get a Honda deal so we're basically dependent on this mod for our NSX kick. It was such a great mod back when it was released so its a shame it doesn't really work no more now.

Cheers!

MY FIX FOR NSX CRASHING/REFUSING TO LOAD

If you've tried to drive the NSX recently, it probably crashes you back to the menu. It refuses to load and get on the track. Luckily, I figured out how to get it to appear on track after looking at the log.txt file.

In the main root folder for the NSX (all four of them) the folder called "texture" is missing. Inside of "texture" should be another folder called "flames". Inside of "flames" should be two files. "7.png" & "8.png" -- for some reason, Assetto Corsa is really unhappy about those folders & files missing.

I copied the texture folder from the excellent mod Honda s800 car.

Now, go and paste that folder "texture" into the root directory for each of the Honda NSX cars.

It doesn't have to be the Honda S800 that you copy the folder "texture" from. It just happened to be the first folder when sorted alphabetically. You can not copy the "texture" folder from a Kunos car, however, as theirs are empty.

Now you will be able to drive the wonderful Honda NSX mod cars. You will be facing the broken sound issue, unfortunately. If you have Content Manager, you can fix this in seconds. Just go pull the car up in the Content > Cars section and hit the button "Replace Sound". When the next window pops up, go and select whichever car you want to use as your new Honda NSX sound. I wouldn't mind hearing anyone's suggestions on a car that sounds very close to the NSX.

Good luck!

@Some1 Are there plans to update the mod still? We'll never get a Honda deal so we're basically dependent on this mod for our NSX kick. It was such a great mod back when it was released so its a shame it doesn't really work no more now.

Cheers!
I would really like to update it, but I currently do not have time because of real life. Perhaps in a few months, when things have settled down.

Also, I'm curious, if there are any new potentially mod-breaking updates coming up for AC. Would really suck to release an update only to realise the mod won't work the next day AC gets updated :)

I would really like to update it, but I currently do not have time because of real life. Perhaps in a few months, when things have settled down.

Also, I'm curious, if there are any new potentially mod-breaking updates coming up for AC. Would really suck to release an update only to realise the mod won't work the next day AC gets updated :)
Thanks, hope come spring time you might be able to make the necessary tweaks. Would be a shame to have it remain broken as it might as well be stock content.

There's the development road map in about 5 days time, that will be our only clue :)

• Deleted member 130869

Would lower lods for this and rf2 be a possibility too? No rush though!

This was some top quality mod, so sad it hasn't been updated....., or maybe...., Kunos is preparing something for us with it. I hope it goes just like the Pure Miata and mazda 787b

Take your time, my fingers are still crossed that we get your Corvette someday.
These NSX's are so fun to drive around Nordschleife. It feels like the cars were made specifically for it. Just smooth turns with the balance of the car...it invites you to push harder and harder. I had quite a lot of miles on mine (lost all my user data while replacing a SSD). The odometers might be back to zero for me, but I'll gladly throw some more miles on them. Sweet rides...

Ya know @Michael Hornbuckle I am so surprised at the lack of corvettes in Assetto Corsa...and I'm even talking about the groups that do Forza rips or use 3D models that they didn't build, let alone quality, scratch built corvette mods from this community. I have a few old mods laying around somewhere that I can easily modernize (especially with the latest version of CM, my God!) but I wouldn't be able to upgrade the physics so easily. I know what to do and how to do it...I just don't have real data. But yeah...I'm surprised how few Vette's we see for AC.

I guess it's time to post an update.
2nYNOvB.jpg
r7lqIcQ.jpg

I'm going to change the model lineup a bit. I decided to include Acura NSX too.
This means that there will be about 4 models:
* (US-SPEC) 1991 Acura NSX
* (US-SPEC) 199? Acura NSX S1 (haven't fully decided yet, but plan to have body color roof and different wheels)
* (JDM-SPEC) 1991 Honda NSX
* (JDM-SPEC) 1992 Honda NSX Type R

The Acuras are left hand drive, while the Hondas will be right hand drive this time.
I will make graphics improvements here and there, fix the driver animations and cameras.

Stay tuned for further updates!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years