Honda looking for big improvement at Spa-Francorchamps

Seeing Mclaren's development so far, I believe they might be fighting for podiums
next year. But, I cannot see them being champions anytime soon....
Honda's spell in F1 in the 21st century was pathetic and a clue that shows
how they've fallen behind as a constructor over the past 15 years. The greatest
minds of mechanical engineering, when it comes to cars, are in Europe now.

I don't agree with that either because they had a fantastic car in 09 under the new rule changes, it's just that they renamed the team to Brawn GP for that year.

I don't agree with that either because they had a fantastic car in 09 under the new rule changes, it's just that they renamed the team to Brawn GP for that year.
errm, Ross Brawn bought the team, renamed it Brawn GP, used Mercedes engines and really I doubt they'd be that competitive without the blown diffuser idea. Honda in 2008 (before they sold out) were quite poor.

The car was built and designed by Honda and Honda kept funding the team. Brawn essentially bought a Honda team and Honda car that was a very long time in the making and then had to obviously keep developing the car throughout the season (which they actually feel behind if you compare them to Red Bull as the season progressed). Honda started working on their 2009 car much earlier than any other team according to reports. They, last minute, had to make modifications to fit in the non-Honda engine but the team said the process was a lot more seamless than they thought it'd be.

Last edited:
but they used Mercedes engines :p
Hey, if McLaren right now had Mercedes engines they'd be regular points scorers. Don't you think it maybe helped Brawn too?

Mercedes engines weren't dominant, or even the best, in 2009. They were all fairly close. It was a completely different situation than now. Merc engines had nothing to do with the Brawn cars massive speed/dominace in 2009 (especially the early part of the season).

Mercedes engines weren't dominant, or even the best, in 2009.
better than Honda I think.

And speaking of engines close, I don't think Toyota was really competitive. Williams and Toyota used the Toyota engines, both had the overpowered blown diffusers and couldn't get winning like the Brawn.

BMW and Ferrari were massive on the straights in 2007-2009. The Merc engines were very
close too though. Honda and Toyota were completely out of the game....

I don't agree. The other teams were working on these new engines as much as 3 years prior to the 2014 season from what I heard. So don't you think it's amazing for Honda to be where they're at right now? Comparing the Honda engine at present to the other engines at present is completely unfair.

For sure, but that's not the issue. The issue is Honda's politics and corporate culture. They are reluctant to hire people from Mercedes and Ferrari because they say they will not fit in but honestly when your 105% off the pace something needs to be done, quickly.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%