Resource icon

Skins Honda HF2620 Racing Mower - Honda Racing 2012 Civic S Theme 2018-03-17

Login or Register an account to download this content
Looks mega, man!

Looks like a tiny error though at each side of the headlight:

dYo41PU.jpg

Awesome painting man , mudbox is great for making liveries although never seen anyone actually using it great stuff !

Awesome painting man , mudbox is great for making liveries although never seen anyone actually using it great stuff !

I have a whole series of me essentially fumbling around in the software and learning as I go. I'm certainly getting faster, but I think I'm also turning out better skins too. Gary has requested another "replica" livery, so I'm going to bust that out now. :)

I have a whole series of me essentially fumbling around in the software and learning as I go. I'm certainly getting faster, but I think I'm also turning out better skins too. Gary has requested another "replica" livery, so I'm going to bust that out now. :)
Main trick I find after many years using multiple software and tools,
no matter what software I create designs or base designs with I always go over them fresh inside photoshop basically from scratch almost on a clean layer,
so for example I might use DDO or Mudbox and spray down some graphics or masks quite similar to what you are doing, making in 3D, but that to me is just a guide/reference to lay down ontop of the 2D layer so to speak,
then once I have this base layer then inside photoshop I will create the same layers again but fresh, gives the end results crisp sharp lines compared to keeping the 3D in which because its merging from 3D/2D all the edges will have some kind of blur on them kind of what Gary was showing near the lights the ovelay,
but my eyes was drawn to the red line under what Gary was showing, making the layers again in photoshop these lines are razer sharp in which I never saw 3D software ever replicate :)
this red line for example,
0a58cfcf69e5ad36f6b6f23ef77c05bf.png

the black is nice above it but the red is raw merging, making fresh will produce much higher quality in the finish of the skin :)

I started out in photoshop only, so some of my earlier skins was as you described... layout in 3d, clean up in 2D. My work flow is mostly for skins for simracingsystem.com which requires everything in the skin folder to be <10MB, so basically if it looks as good as it is going to compressed to 2K if you are grill to tail during a race, I'm happy.

The above blurriness only occurs in 3D when you paint through a stencil from too far away. If you get in close (like the black line) you can get them just as crisp as anything in a 2D app. You just have to have the willingness to do so!

If I were doing this professionally I'm sure I'd take an extra hour to basically repaint/replace everything, but this is just my free time hobby when I'm not getting middling lap times actually racing.

I've just finished up Gary's request skin and rendering out the video for it. It is certainly much nicer than this one! Stay tuned...

I started out in photoshop only, so some of my earlier skins was as you described... layout in 3d, clean up in 2D. My work flow is mostly for skins for simracingsystem.com which requires everything in the skin folder to be <10MB, so basically if it looks as good as it is going to compressed to 2K if you are grill to tail during a race, I'm happy.

The above blurriness only occurs in 3D when you paint through a stencil from too far away. If you get in close (like the black line) you can get them just as crisp as anything in a 2D app. You just have to have the willingness to do so!

If I were doing this professionally I'm sure I'd take an extra hour to basically repaint/replace everything, but this is just my free time hobby when I'm not getting middling lap times actually racing.

I've just finished up Gary's request skin and rendering out the video for it. It is certainly much nicer than this one! Stay tuned...
Keep us posted man and great work! :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back