rF2 Honda Civic @ Thruxton - Mon 24th Nov

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thank you @Gergely Baross and everyone else for an excellent race. I've never pushed a half an hour like that before. It was maximum attack from start to finish, too bad my tyres couldn't handle my aggressiveness. Didn't know second place would be so satisfying :thumbsup:

I had a a pretty good start and saw something happened to Peter and I felt it's already in the pocket but then Tapio you were behind and could have attacked me at the end of the first lap. Fortunately this never happened as it turned out after the race that while I used the soft tires you were on the hards. While you had to push the whole race, I had to be gentle - going a bit slower into the very fast right-handers and short-shifting where ever the front wheels could spin in the chicanes and using the very last inches of the race track for minimizing tire wear, but still I could brake late without taking risks. I've managed the distance of 2-3 seconds and I knew I could make it till the end. However I was surprised as well when I saw my fronts were in 60% condition after 24 laps here.. Great race, I enjoyed it a lot :) Feel a bit sorry for Peter, this could have been a nice battle of three. Congratulations everyone :)

Track: Thruxton Motorsport Centre (Download)
But it's the exact same download.
I deleted the first one and installed this one and its working.
Same file size must have corrupted something or another.
Anyway I drove 1 lap.
I have appr 30 real life laps here in a Mazda 3 MPS ( 250bhp) and an MX5.
I was overtaken at the final chicane by Tiff Needall driving a BMW M3 after a fierce battle that lasted at least 1/2 a sector.

Had a really good time driving this car(not the quickest mind :redface:), but the front wheel pull on these cars is superb, hope to race more of these in the future :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%