1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Honda Civic @ South Shore - Mon 16th March

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Gijs van Elderen, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HONDA
    Cars: Honda Civic
    Track: South Shore (GP-Layout)

Weather: Dry
    Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
    Tyre wear: Normal
    Fuel use : Normal
    Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists:
    Auto-clutch:
    Allowed

Practice: 20:00 GMT
    Qually: 20:20 GMT 10 min
    Warm up: 5 min
    Race: 30 min

Racedepartment Calendar: Click here
    Server password: Click here
    Racing rules: Click here
    Clock GMT: Click here

1. Gijs van Elderen
    2. Matej Lakota
    3. Frederic Schornstein
    4. Ante Markic
    5. Joao Fernandes *
    6. James Early
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. ....
    Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Server is UP

3. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

I love Jacarepagua from my GSC days, so sign me up Gijs with high hopes, it will not be just a dogfight between us :D.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

Ok, then I will try to join as well today. No idea what track that is, but I will figure it out :D

5. Sign me up as well :)

6. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

A maybe for me. I will try to be there in time for qualy.

7. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

:cool:

[​IMG]

8. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

Looks like a mix auf Abu Dhabi and Silverstone. Still dont get it :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I might as well join, i'm in!

10. Richard Hill

Richard Hill
    outofthisworld

Sign me up if not too late please if it downloads in time that is

11. Richard Hill

Richard Hill
    outofthisworld

Damn it sorry not going to be able to make it

12. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

Damn the download is relatively slow. Dont know, if I get it in time :(

13. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

Two spins in one race? Maybe I am getting too old for this :unsure:.

Thanks all who joined tonight and dare to drive something slower than GT3 cars.
    It was great evening as usual here and I am looking forward to more races with slower, but sometimes really hard to drive cars ... two spins in half an hour ... c˙mon :).

• Like Like x 4
  14. It was fun, as Matej says, something different :)
    I wasn't expecting such snap oversteer, this was my first time driving a front-wheel-drive racing car. Matej sent me a setup, with that the car was much more reasonable, thanks for that!
    In the race I only had one spin on lap 3 or so.. after that I started getting into the groove and began to catch James. He made a mistake which meant there was no fight, unfortunately. I finished in P4, not bad.
    I also liked the track, it had a nice flow, except for the extremely tight hairpin :O

• Like Like x 4
  15. As soon as I saw you were catching up I thought "I will not be pressured into a mistake" and then the next corner I went wide and you went past, oh well...

• Like Like x 3
  16. Yeah, it will probably happen to me when our roles are reversed so don't worry :)

17. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

It seemed everyone was still learning the track so i didn't feel alone. :D
    Looking at the lap times Matej was way ahead so my fight was with the other drivers or so i thought.
    I did a poor start but managed to keep it close to the front and after some laps i saw that Matej had spun so i took first place. :p

Knowing that he was really fast i didn't expect to stay there until the end but still pushed tying to save the tires for the final laps. Every lap i saw the gap getting shorter until he spun again. A little breather but too soon to feel comfortable.

In the end i took it to the finish line in first place but it was really intense seeing that gap disappear every lap and trying to keep a fast and consistent pace until the checkered flag.

Nice track with good flow and some tricky corners. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

Already had a bit weird engine sound the day before. It sounded like the sound was clipping or something sometimes really annoying. Yesterday I think I found the issue as it was still existent and I realised that I have heavy spiking on my throttle. It never keeps really still in the position it is in, so I think that caused the weird engine sound sometimes.
    I hope I can fix it, but new pedals have to come sooner rather than later. It is the fifth time I have to fix pedal spiking, but before it was always the brake.

19. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

Joao, your pace at the end was really at high level and I didn˙t have a "weapon" against you. Grats for your drive :thumbsup:.

Funny thing happened to me during race. I was so focused to my drive, that I didn˙t care about my tires and at the beginning of last lap, my front right tire was, if I remember well, just above 10%. Right, everything should be OK, because I pushed to the (my) limit, but in last 10 or 9 laps, my pace almost didn˙t drop. So for next races I will switch off TrackMapPlugin, because in the case when I don˙t know condition of my tires, then all is the same for me; green or in red, laptimes are the same, because I don˙t care :D.

... a little joke ;)