• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holiday events - Pre-announcement.

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Marco Bijl, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ratings:
    +3,186
    I do not know how this is in all other countries, but where I live, we have a large amount of schools and buisnesses who close the office for the last 2 weeks of the year. This means the availability to participate in race events is higher, and on different time scales. For me this is as well, so I have some spare time available :)

So, we have decided that in these 2 weeks, we are going to host a few so called holiday events. These events will be out of the regular time frames of RD racing, and all have some kind of special character.
    A quick glimps of the ideas
    - Double Endurance Event (2 x 1 or 1.5 hours)
    - Mystery track race (new track which has not been used before)
    - Hotlap over Nürburg with STCC2 car's (try to beat the Volvo of Bram :))
    - Daytime events

Exact details about time's and race formats is not 100% clear yet, so keep an eye out in the Racing club to see what we will come up with!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mike Bishop

Mike Bishop
    Premium

Ratings:
    +151
    Our hours here are the same as you, so we in SA can join in.:D

3. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +956
    i really like that double endurance event, and where i live it happens the same, but i don't know if i'll be able to make those races :(

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ratings:
    +3,186
    Hopefully, first sign up threads will open tomorrow. Can't promiss at this moment, since a lot of other things are planned as well.

I am looking forward to these events. Can't attend them all, but will try to be at some at least :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scott Webber

Scott Webber

Ratings:
    +2,397
    im definitely looking forward to this, something different :D

6. Kieron Swart

Kieron Swart

Ratings:
    +143
    Im with Mike on this one!! Bring on the holidays. Thanks Race department! You guys are AwEsOmE!!!

7. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ratings:
    +3,186
    First 2 events are up!
    Nordschleife HotLap challenge with STC2010 & 300K on Sebring. 2 very nice events.

Check the racing club for details.

8. Kieron Swart

Kieron Swart

Ratings:
    +143
    Marco could we not have a retro race at brands indy track with just mini's or so, A couple of RD racers last night raided a public server and we had tons of fun just a pity it was only 6laps long..

9. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    I think we can do one next Thursday:) Certainly a good combination.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ratings:
    +3,186
    Good, you take that one on Péter. Thanks!

This is going to be one fast christmas holiday with all these amazing events running!

11. Kieron Swart

Kieron Swart

Ratings:
    +143
    RD staff is amazing Should I say more!! :) Keep it up

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ratings:
    +3,186
    Many thanks to Ramon van Rijn en Bram for setting up the timing for the Hotlap challenge. On top of this, we also have a price to give away! Check the thread for info!!

13. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ratings:
    +3,186
    And another one is up... This one is special :) A mistery track this time. Have a look!