HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Final call for RPS, I'm going to start sending out PMs to all participants in about 6-8 hours. We currently stand at 11 players (I would make up the 12th as a random player). Also need to know if the current players would prefer a single group or divided into two groups.

We need to try and find both new people to join us in FR and also some new games to try and bring Forum Games back to it's heyday. It's sad seeing the activity drop so much :(

If anyone can help me write an article about why Forum Games is awesome, I'd love it. If we can get a call for members up on the front page it'd be awesome.

That made me think what exactly makes me enjoy FR. I honestly dont even know a prpper reason, i just like it

I'll try to think about it a bit more, maybe i find something.
Lets brainstorm

Peace has ruled Race Department's Forum Games section for a while, but war is certain now. A newly discovered land - named "Los Santos" - has been discovered, chopped up and is now a ripe battlefield. Take control of a faction and make sure you're the last one standing.
RDGTA copy.jpg

How do I play?

A map with 35 regions of land on an island is the battlefield. You choose one region as your starting area. After an update by the moderator (@Jimlaad43), you make your moves in a Private Message. You can make up to three moves per go. A move is defined as either a takeover of an adjacent and unconquered region, a fight to take over a conquered region from another player or movement of an army into the sea.

Everybody sends their moves in, and once Radio Silence must be observed is posted in the thread, the move order is randomised.

What does each move do? (Examples)
Takeover of unconquered region
I have conquered the Harmony region. Great Chaparral is currently unoccupied. I say in my PM "I would like to take Great Chaparral over". It then becomes part of my empire.

You are only allowed to take over regions attached to those which you control at the beginning of your move. You cannot take on region, and then another region attached to that one - so in the example above, I could not then say "Next, I attack Tongva Hills".

Fight a conquered region
Staying in Harmony, a rival is in control of Senora Desert. I PM "I want to attack Senora Desert". Behind the Scenes, a random draw is made to decide the victor of the battle. This is a simple 50/50 draw, where either side can win, except in special circumstances (see Terrain). The winner keeps/annexes Senora Desert. If you attack and lose, don't worry. You don't lose Harmony by default, and it is not made weaker in case anybody else attacks.

If you lose a region before it is your turn, you cannot make moves that depend on the land that is lost. For Example, The Senora Desert team, which also has land in Sandy Shores and San Chianski cannot now go with its move to attack Wind Farm. You are not allowed to make extra contingency moves incase some of yours fail - if you are unable to make some of your moves, tough - that's war.

Moving into the sea

There are two navigable bodies of water - the inland Alamo Sea, and the surrounding Pacific Ocean. If you have a region with a coastline on either, you are allowed to move a unit into the water. In the Pacific Ocean, they are free to attack land up to 4 regions away, but this takes two moves. The first move involves launching the boat, including specifics as to which region it's sailing from. The second move allows you to land it and attack a region. Boats can only be attacked by a boat that is also in the water at the time of attack. The Alamo Sea is different due to its size. Any boat in it can attack any region around it, and attacks can be made by regions adjacent to the region that launched the boat from land.

Here are some examples to help you.
Pacific Ocean
Chumash launches a boat into the sea. Mount Josiah already has a boat in the sea and decides to attack Chumash on that move. The Chumash boat is unscathed, but the region itself is lost in the battle. During the next move, the boat decides to attack Airport.

Alamo Sea
Grapeseed launches a boat into the sea. On the next move, Mount Chiliad isn't happy about this and attacks the boat. However, Grapeseed come first in the moving order and continue their attack on Raton Canyon. Mount Chiliad fails to destroy the boat - which now isn't there, but has their own boat now in the Alamo Sea.

Terrain
Your choice of original capital region is very important for the rest of the battles. Your armies will be trained t o excel in battle in those terrains. If you decide to attack another army in a region with terrain which you are strong in, but they are not, the odds of your victory jump to 3/5, rather than 1/2. The exception to this is people who choose Desert as their speciality, where it becomes 3/4 due to the lack of Desert regions on the map. Also, if you are attacked while in your strong terrain, the odds for your win is the same, the attackers will go in weak. Once you have chosen your capital, your speciality will not change.
RDGTA names.jpg
RDGTA terrain.jpg

This map also gives you an indication as to how the map marking will work. Each army is a different colour, which is overlayed in each region they control. After each move, an updated map will be posted, along with comments on what went on.

4 corners
To clear up any doubt about whether regions on the opposite side of 4 corner borders - they don't touch. For Example, Vespucci (27) does not touch Chamberlain Hills (30).
The full list of regions of doubt, and whether they touch is in this spoiler.
Some regions are close, so I'll make them specific. You can ask me to clear up any other borders if you aren't sure.
8 borders 16, but 15 doesn't border 9
14 borders 20, 19 doesn't border 21
21 and 22 do not border each other, as don't 18 and 26
Same goes for 26 and 32, and also 22 and 31
27 and 30, plus 29 and 28 follow the same pattern
29 borders the sea between 34 and 35, meaning they don't border each other.

Signing Up
To sign up, post down below that you are interested, and fill in this form.
General's Name:
Army Name:
Colour:
Capital:
The General's name is your RD Forum Games name, the Army Name is anything you like (preferably a terrible pun on the name of a country - especially if you can tie it in with your colour choice), and the colour is to do with what colour you want your army to be on the map. It can be anything, as long as it isn't a shade of white, grey or black (sorry if you're colourblind). The Capital is the region you want to start with. It doesn't matter if you lose your capital as the game goes on, you lose the game when all of your regions have been conquered by someone else.

The winner of the game will be the last army standing.

Last edited:
Armies

Chianski Hyenas - @Omer Said II
San Chianski - Mountain

Hounds of Pleasure Pier - @rubaru II
Del Perro - Urban

First Army - @Millsy24 II
La Puerta - Urban

Dothraki - @kedy89 II
Lago Zancudo - Countryside

Mount Chiliad Alien Mystery (MCAM) - @Lesley Buurlage II
Mount Chiliad - Mountain

The Rock - @Dovi design II
Mount Josiah - Mountain

Rollin' Heights Ballas - @TTupsi II
East Vinewood - Urban

Straya - @Azabadaza II
Tavavium Mountains - Mountain

Last edited:
General's Name: Omer Said
Army Name: Chianski Hyenas
Colour: Orange
Capital: San Chianski

Nice to see this game return, and with an interesting and fresh concept! :geek:

But can we use just the land numbers instead of land names when sending orders? Not a big deal, just asking. :D

Last edited:
Waiting until it's discounted is a good plan, but I recommend this game massively. It is worth having, the best Codies F1 game by a long way.

I chose Mexico mainly because not many people had done laps there so I could go fastest :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back