HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Okay then here's my proposal for the next season of RPS, it's been copied straight from Word, just so you guys know. If there are any questions, just ask:thumbsup:

Proposal:
So in my idea we’ll be using the real life’s tennis point system. In tennis you have 4 different types of tournaments.
- Grand Slams (Most prestigeous, most points to be earned)
- ATP Masters 1000
- ATP 500 Series
- ATP 250 Series

Of course I’ll try to balance out the tournaments so all the participants have at least 1 home tournament. There are 4 Grand Slams in a year btw and all the events in this game will be around the date in which the tournament happens in real life. So the first Grand Slam of the year is the Australian Open and it happens in January. So in this game it'll happen in January too.
All the tournaments have different point systems and different amount of sets you have to win. Grand Slams are the only tournament in which a player has to win 3 sets, so a best of 5. The rest of the tournaments will be best of 3. Here are the points for the different rounds on the different tournaments:
PT SYSTEM.PNG

After the tournament is played, the player will receive those points according to their result in that tournament. All the points you earn over the whole season will be added up and the person with the most points at the end of the season wins. Of course like I said earlier there are higher stakes for the Grand Slams than for the ATP 250 Series. Then at the end of the year there is the ATP World Tour Finals tournament which will have the best 8 players of the year compete against eachother. This won’t give any points but is just for fun to see who was the best out of the best 8 players.

Dependant on the amount of signups we get, the amount of rounds will be determined. If you don't have time at a specific moment you can also choose to not participate in a tournament. This prevents you from not having to wait for this RPS to be over. If there are a lot of people who participate, so let’s say for example 14 people. Then 6 people will play a qualifier match (you don’t get points for that) and the best 8 people at that moment will be locked in. The first tournament of the game will have random draws as there are no standings at that moment of time. That’s basically it, please leave feedback if needed.

There’s only one question I might need your guys help with, what do I do when there is an uneven amount of people participating?

Racedepartment:
The site with a big-ass sim racing and motorsport community more than enough people are combining motorsport, racing games, simulations, rock paper scissor, manager games, football and tennis into several games that they play the whole day while agreeing on virtual rivalrires between them and answering interview questions like in real life pretending they were a real life when also creating huge statistics and database stuff, which is a lot of work, and tons of fictional liverys, teams and more. On top of that they are filming all of it and commentate it from time to time.

And thats only the miscellaneous section of the website.

:roflmao:

And we goddamn enjoy it :thumbsup::cool:

---

When you said tennis, i thought the rps games would set like a tennis game/sets,... The tournament system could get out of hand

Racedepartment:
The site with a big-ass sim racing and motorsport community more than enough people are combining motorsport, racing games, simulations, rock paper scissor, manager games, football and tennis into several games that they play the whole day while agreeing on virtual rivalrires between them and answering interview questions like in real life pretending they were a real life when also creating huge statistics and database stuff, which is a lot of work, and tons of fictional liverys, teams and more. On top of that they are filming all of it and commentate it from time to time.

And thats only the miscellaneous section of the website.

:roflmao:

And we goddamn enjoy it :thumbsup::cool:

---

When you said tennis, i thought the rps games would set like a tennis game/sets,... The tournament system could get out of hand
Not to mention a countdown thread with only numbers in it with 1657 pages and over 30k replies, a 0-1000 picture thread and a ALL CAPS THREAD WITH HUNDREDS OF REPLIES!
Sorry for oggtopic... Just randomly thought about it and it was quite amusing....:D

Not to mention a countdown thread with only numbers in it with 1657 pages and over 30k replies, a 0-1000 picture thread and a ALL CAPS THREAD WITH HUNDREDS OF REPLIES!
Sorry for oggtopic... Just randomly thought about it and it was quite amusing....:D
Hey, ALL CAPS is in the Off Topic section

If we have lets say 8 people for RPS Tennis (as a round number), and then there is, lets say 4 of each tournament (as another round number and equal to that of the Slams).
With 8 people you're straight into the quarter finals, so you're looking at 3 rounds of tennis RPS per tournament. Giving a fair amount of time, 2 days to each competitor per round, you'll take about a week per tournament.
Times by ~16 tournaments for the 'year' and we'll be playing this for 4 months, barring any sort of delays.

That's a rough idea, obviously you could be looking at an update per day, but not everyone turns up and you're going to have people missing (see Josh in this past season). You could also reduce the amount of other tournaments, but there is an entire month of time just for the Slams alone and that's a lot.

I would like to make it known that this is just my analysis of the idea, it just seems very time consuming based on a conservative estimate.

The football worked because it allowed for draws automatically. I don't feel tennis is the best way to go about it without having to send in an entire set of choices.

Okay sure, no problems. At least I made my idea clear here and at least we discussed it. I'd also have no problems btw on running the next season of RPS with last season's game idea?:thumbsup:

The league table is really fun. My only problem was that I was desperately running out of alternative ways of saying Rock, Paper or Scissors.

We can easily find other sports that use a league table, like Rugby or Cricket or something, but Football seems like the best option.

Today was a good day.
  1. Got an email with my tickets to go and see Robot Wars being filmed!
  2. Got an email saying that I will be marshalling at this years London ePrix!
  3. Got a letter saying that I will be marshalling at this years British Grand Prix!

Today was a good day.
  1. Got an email with my tickets to go and see Robot Wars being filmed!
  2. Got an email saying that I will be marshalling at this years London ePrix!
  3. Got a letter saying that I will be marshalling at this years British Grand Prix!
  1. I don't even know what Robot Wars is
  2. A lot, a lot of work since Battersea is the kind of track it is
  3. Enjoy getting wet. Again.
Good luck and enjoy though! :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 263 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 174 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 173 10.1%