Hockenheimring: R3E vs Race07

Shovas

Premium
One of the things I enjoy in R3E is driving different cars on a single track for leaderboard hunting. On Laguna Seca I believe I set at least a top 100 time for every single car and occassionally I'd get quite a bit higher, too. It's something I enjoy and find very interesting to try out many different cars to see how they behave (curse the Audi 90 Quattro - my nemesis!).

Well, I've been doing the same at Hockenheimring since the latest update. I have driven half the cars in the game around that track. I must have put hundreds if not near a thousand laps around it. That's where I've been tweaking my ffb. It took me a long time to achieve the ffb that I now have in R3E and it's much better than stock but I'm still not satisfied with it.

So, imagine my surprise when I boot up Race 07 to try out Hockenheimring there for a laugh and instantly I notice sharper, more informative feedback and, more surprising to me still, I feel very much more connected to the road with less 'floating' feeling.

I was shocked that I felt Race07 was giving me better force feedback and connectedness because I had honestly written off Race07 except for occasional Sunday drives around Nordschleife. Interestingly, it was Nordschleife where, after a recent track update, I noticed much better ffb than there was before and that got me started down this path of comparing them.

I should note I believe the version of Hockenheimring in Race07 is a download probably a conversion from rFactor so greater ffb details are probably due to that. But I'm still surprised Race07 is able to deliver what it is because up til now it had that same old R3E floaty feeling for older versions of the tracks. For example, compare Monza 06 against Monza 10. You should be able to tell the increase in ffb detail in the road.

So, I guess what I'm asking is: Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

And does anyone feel they've surpassed Race07/GTR/GTL or any older SimBin titles in force feedback and road connectedness in R3E?

I've raced Race07 many many hours and it has a pretty good FFB out-of-the-box. I did only a few small FFB tweaks (just for personal taste).

But after racing R3E with the new FFB (which i think is great), for me it's not easy to go back to Race07. The FFB in Race07 is informative, for sure, but it feels a little bit lifeless, damped and sometimes faked. The new FFB in R3E seems more physics-based with less canned effects. IMHO it's a big improvement.

Race07 (resp. GTR Evo) is still probably my most played sim (from my sim collection it is only one that offers trully customisable championships (well GTR2 offers it too) and it has one of best FFB out there .. at least in terms of information your getting .. it is been long time since i`ve played with not edited FFB settings though .. in RRE i still didn`t manage to get my settings right i guess and I`ve only driven DTM on Lausitz

Yes it is, patchnotes you can find here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211500/discussions/1/828939164212239617/

• Updated Oschersleben with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Zandvoort with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Hockenheim with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Red Bull Ring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Portimao with new road shader, optimizations for performance.

on my Logitech DFGT, I dont see the difference in ffb before and after. ffb is very poor, I try different stups but useless. Them ADAC Corvette has very early blocking of brakes, it block everywhere, impossible to drive this car normally.Why Corvette GT2 is ok, but Corvette GT3 is nightmare? :confused:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%