1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

EU HistorX World Sprint Tour Wk9 @ Le Mas du clos Sunday 28th May 2017

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club' started by Denis Betty, May 19, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 28-05-17
  1. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Donut Den - Retarded HistorX Club Racer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,025
    WST.jpg
    If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge.
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

*DOWNLOADS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT*

Track: Le Mas du clos (Updated to v1.1)
    Pit box allocation: Download
    GTCC-A1 skinpack: Download
    (Version 1.02- uploaded 28/02/17)

Race 1
    Practice start time:
    GMT 18:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 18:20 (10 mins 4 laps)
    Race start time: GMT 18:35 (25 minutes)

Race 2
    Practice start time:
    GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 (10 mins 4 laps)
    Race start time: GMT 19:35 (25 minutes)

Cars: GTTC-A1
    TVR Grantura '64

Entry List
    1. Denis Betty
    2. Rupe wilson
    3. Joe Cannarozzo
    4. Jonatan Åcerclinth
    5. Allan Ramsbottom
    6. Sven-Arne Andersson
    7. Nuno Rodrigues
    8. Free slot
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    UTP #17 DB

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,025
    Our previous WST was a real spartan, back-to-basics event, simple club track, basic matched cars, just get out there and drive the wheels off them. Killarney provided some genuinely great moments, so yet again we've had our work cut out trying to match that, but I think we've got something pretty nice. We re-cross the equator again, leaving South Africa and arriving in central France, and the Circuit Mas du Clos.

The picturesque setting for this course should not deceive you, Le Mas has all the things that elevate good circuits into great ones. The Start line is located approximately at the lowest point of the Home Straight, so you begin a lap racing uphill to T1R - Le Pieu. It's not too tricky to navigate safely, and even an average attempt will be fairly quick, but it's crucial to really maximise the exit as it opens up into the long back section.

You drop gently down from Le Pieu at full acceleration, through The gentle left curve behind the Pits called Le Chalet, and into T2aR/T2bL - Le S du Lac. These esses mark the start of the long, but gentle, climb to the highest point of the course, and can be tricky if you don't pay attention. T2aR is a full power right hander, and you will be able to make this corner at top speed no matter what line you take...but carelessness here will cost you, as if you need to be positioned correctly for the tighter T2bL otherwise you will run out of room and require a lift or a brake to keep it together.

Continuing up the hill, we arrive at T3R - Le Musée, and like Le Pieu, it's a relatively shallow 180°, tempting you into trying to keep as much speed throughout the start of the corner without ruining the exit as the corner goes off camber. Get the exit right and its a short blast downhill and into the first really heavy braking zone for T4L - La Meule. You will need to brake as hard and as late as you dare (but probably earlier than you'd like because of the downhill entry), tuck the nose in hard and get back on the accelerator as early as you can on the short uphill straight that follows La Meule.

T5R - Le Restaurant - is waiting at the end of that uphill straight, and is a very tight 90° right-hander that leads into a low speed complex, but again you may not be able to brake exactly where you want for this as there is a bumpy little crest that could upset your balance. Assuming you made it nicely through Le Restaurant, T6R - La Piscine - is immediately upon you, and is the slowest part of the track. There is some change in surface colours, kerb type and span through here, so there will be a separate post with some pictures to show you what is (and isn't) acceptable in terms of line.

Immediately following La Piscine come T7L - Le Pont, another very slow corner under (unsurprisingly) a bridge, a squirt of power and back on the anchors for T8R - Le Tour, a hairpin that is all about the exit onto a short downhill straight where you can begin to build up speed again for the end of the lap.

Before you get there you encounter T8aR / T8bL - Le S du Raccodrement. You are already going slightly downhill on approach, and then T8aR drops away suddenly to the right, protected by a raised inner kerb to punish a too-greedy line, and then you are faced with getting as many horsepower as you dare down onto the circuit through the off-camber T8bL. You have to be aggressive here, because it opens out onto the downhill section of the S/F straight, and too much caution will see you losing speed across the Finishing Line, and probably getting passsed by drivers who've got Raccodrement right up into T1R - Le Pieu .

We are doing 3 single make races for this WST week, and start on Tuesday with the Mini 1071 - Mini races are always excellent value. Thursday introduces the Simca Rallye3 '78 into the WST mix, and Sunday finishes with the faster iteration of the TVR Grantura, the '64 model that was introduced during the Silverstone International week. All 3 cars are grippy enough to make the most of the track, but also fast enough to get into trouble if you aren't paying full attention.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,383
    Yes Please

• Like Like x 1
  4. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,025
    SERVER HAS BEEN UPDATED TO VERSION 1.1 of Le Mas Du Clos

Please update the track in your install (link in the OP of this thread) and attempt to join the server. Any feedback would be welcome.
    Thanks

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,025
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Jarek Says- "900 degrees of rotation" Premium

Ratings:
    +878
    Hey :)
    I dont know what the problem have been ? , But yes I can join the server and did 2 laps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Joe Cannarozzo

Joe Cannarozzo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +163
    Hi :)
    After 5 laps all is all right for me:thumbsup:, sign me up please;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,908
    @Denis Betty

i went on the server and everything worked well and sign me up please :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jonatan Åcerclinth

Jonatan Åcerclinth
    Premium

Ratings:
    +646
    Great to hear that the 1.1 version of the track seems to work for you all :)

It helps to race at several communities it seems, I only knew of the 1.1 version because I raced the TCL cars on rFactor in a championship which incorporated the Le Mas du Clos circuit, the 1.1 version probably made due to the issues that we were experiencing with v1.0 :cool:

Still not sure if I'll be able to make it or not but sign me up as a maybe and we'll see :cautious:

• Love Love x 2
  10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,383
    thanks guys, lets get this show back on the road :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +726
    Sorry for late reply chaps,been caught up a lot in AC:whistling::whistling:, track seems to be working ok.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Also sign me up plzzzz.:);):thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,383
    See you all later tonight. hopefully it will be a bit cooler than last night..

13. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,277
    Still busy ..can't make this one. Have fun. Just wondering... have not seen Hans signing up lately. I hope things are ok.

• Love Love x 1
  14. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,908
    Sorry guy's something came up and i won't be able to do it :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  15. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,025
    Hans still has computer problems. :(

• Sad Sad x 2
  16. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +390
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium

Ratings:
    +185
    signing up please

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,383
    Well to say we only has low numbers but it was fun all the same.. good close racing at the front..
    the engine is a little fragile and care is needed in the downshifts. But in the second race only one expired :thumbsup:

thanks guys for sticking at it and racing. Lets hope the numbers grow a little over the coming weeks

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,025
    I blew my engine in R1, but had fun till that point.

R2 was a blast.
    Thanks again to all who joined. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium

Ratings:
    +185
    blew engine in the first second! New personal record!
    2nd race was just to intent finish without repeat it again. Made it till the end.
    Did a good pair of laps but it rules inconcistency main laps.
    Well done to all that came till the end.

• Like Like x 1