1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

EU HistorX World Sprint Tour Wk8 @ Killarney - Tuesday 25th April 2017

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club' started by Denis Betty, Apr 21, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 25-04-17
  1. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Donut Den - Retarded HistorX Club Racer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,023
    WST.jpg

If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge.
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

*DOWNLOADS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT*
    Track: Killarney
    Pit box allocation: Download
    GTCC-A0 skinpack: Download
    (Version 1.08- uploaded 09/05/17)

Race 1
    Practice start time:
    GMT 18:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 18:20 (10 mins 4 laps)
    Race start time: GMT 18:35 (25 minutes)

Race 2
    Practice start time:
    GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 (10 mins 4 laps)
    Race start time: GMT 19:35 (25 minutes)

Cars: GTTC-A0
    Austin Healey Sprite Sebring '58, '59
    Simca Abarth 1150 SS '65

*Qualification rules explained HERE. Please click and read.*

Entry List
    1. Denis Betty
    2. Rupe Wilson
    3. Hans Sneep
    4. Stuart Thomson
    5. Joe Cannarozzo
    6. Knut Omdal Tveito
    7. Jack Smith
    8. Allan Ramsbottom
    9. Nuno Rodrigues
    10. Tarmac Terrorist
    11. Sven-Arne Andersson
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    26. Free slot
    27. Free slot
    28. Free slot
    29. Free slot
    30. Free slot
    UTP #17 RW

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,023
    So - Oulton was a pretty much unqualified success from what WST feedback I've seen and received, so that's gratifying...but it also adds a little pressure as it immediately becomes one of the "benchmark" events that we should now be aiming to come close to. All 3 cars were "new" cars to us, and the only action point is to slightly further lighten the 912...a 50kg diet should do the trick :thumbsup:.

We go from Cheshire in England down into the Southern Hemisphere and Killarney Circuit in Cape Town, South Africa. A relatively simple circuit in plan view, there are subtle cambers, dips and bumps to keep you honest between the relatively long linking straights. Starting on the pit straight (with pit stalls on BOTH sides of the circuit - please bear that in mind...there's every chance that you'll start one one side, quit out to change car, and come back in on the other side), it's a decent blast to T1L - KFM corner, a wide hairpin that you need to be wary of too much aggression, because it goes off camber on the second half towards the exit. A quick squirt takes you down to the heavy braking zone for T2R & T3R - Fuel Store, a double right hander just slow enough and far enough apart to have to treat them as separate, and out into T4L & T5R - The Esses. The Esses are widely spaced, pretty shallow and allow you to build up just enough speed to make the final exit a real balancing act to keep your speed into the KFM Straight.

At the end of the KFM Straight is the Old Hairpin, an extremely misleadingly named corner as it actually comprises of both T6R & T7R, two relatively shallow corners, actually spaced farther apart than Fuel Stop, but so fast and positively cambered that you can treat it as one full speed bend. You will definitely need to give it the beans as well, as it opens out onto the long Back Straight.

You bomb along, reaching top speed as you pass behind the Old Pits, slightly downhill before standing hard on the anchors for T8R - Cape Town. A classic hairpin, but cambered and dished to lure you into an injudicious early throttle application, because an unsettled car will spin easily across the gradients. Once you are settled, however, you stamp on the loud pedal onto the Home Straight and across the Start/Finish line for another lap. Killarney is one of the longest tracks we've so far had in the WST, but it as it's full throttle for such a high percentage of the lap, even the "slower" cars times are still comparable to the shorter tracks.

We start on Tuesday with the (default) Sprite vs the Simca SS - where you must pick one car to drive for both races. Thursday is the as-yet-unmatched Renault 8 Gordini 1100, and we finish on Sunday with a selection of Abarth 850 / Mini 970 / Sprite Climax / Simca Corsa - again it's pick one car to drive for both races. Tuesday and Sunday are all about finding what car - and the inherent compromises - work best for you on this track.

Due to the nature of the shorter courses in the WST, we will stay with the limited lap quali to make sure people get a decent crack at a clean and relatively car-free quali lap.

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,373
    [​IMG]

4. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium

Ratings:
    +844
    @Denis Betty
    Signing Up
    That is... if it held in April..... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,023
    Yes mate, it was getting late when I posted these events. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium

Ratings:
    +3,253

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Cannarozzo

Joe Cannarozzo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +163
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,728
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,023
    SERVER IS UP!

10. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,277
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +726
    [​IMG]:);):thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium

Ratings:
    +183
    free for today so sign me up please!

13. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium

Ratings:
    +3,253
    Just a reminder - Tonight's Sprite is the Default "Sebring" one - 39kw, 650kg.

The Climax version - 48kw, 680kg - is only selectable for Sunday's race against the Simca Corsa, Fiat & Mini. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,728
    May be there a little late but ill try my best to be there for race1

15. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium

Ratings:
    +183
    So wich is the one? ´58 or ´59?

16. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist
    Paul McCaffrey Premium

Ratings:
    +23
    sign me up please!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +390
    Sign me up please

18. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,373
    Practice race 2
    7 mins to qually

19. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium

Ratings:
    +183
    not sure what happened in this last race. If it was me or the car.
    Completly lack of power while exiting turns while everybody else just pass me around. As much as i recover in other parts of the track, when getting more slower turns, the car simply got glued.
    Then last 5 laps, started to do fast laps again (fast i mean, faster as in qualify, something like 1:50 high and 1,51´s).
    Thinking out loud: was the fuel height? the tires grip? or was it me not being able to manage to figure it out till the end while others did? hmmm, who knows....

20. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,373
    All i can suggest is to g back on track and see if you can replicate it, look at when you think there is a problem and check the revs, i had a couple of corners where if i got it wrong as in my speed drooped and the revs it seems to take a long time before the car picked up again.
    Right up to qually i was right at the back of the grid some 3 seconds a lap off the pace then it all seemed to click. And the pole lap for race 2 was a shock, but as you probably saw in the race pushing to hard that ended in me running wide in the last turn and spent most of race 2 catching you guys back up. im just about to fire up the pc so ill have a look at the replay form last night and see if i can see anything..

• Like Like x 1