• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

EU HistorX World Sprint Tour Wk6 @ Vitus Park - Thursday 23rd February 2017

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club' started by Denis Betty, Feb 17, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 23-02-17
  1. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,153
    WST.jpg

If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge.
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

*DOWNLOADS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT*
    Track: Vitus Club
    Pit box allocation: Download
    GTCC-A0 skinpack: Download
    (For anybody who doesn't already have it installed)

Race 1
    Practice start time:
    GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 19:35 (25 minutes)

Race 2
    Practice start time:
    GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 20:35 (25 minutes)

Cars: GTTC-A0
    Austin Mini Cooper S 970 '65
    Fiat Abarth 850 TC '63
    Porsche 912 '65
    Renault 8 Gordini 1300 '66
    Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa '65

Entry List
    1. Denis Betty
    2. Stuart Thomson
    3. Rupe Wilson
    4. Jonatan Acerclinth
    5. Hans Sneep
    6. Alan Ramsbottom
    7. Victor Jimenez
    8. T_rac3
    9. Jack Smith
    10. Roland
    11. Stig Bidstrup
    12. Joe Cannarrozzo
    13. Porfirio Dias Santos
    14. Sven-Arne Andesson
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    26. Free slot
    27. Free slot
    28. Free slot
    29. Free slot
    30. Free slot
    UTP #16

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Welcome to World Sprint Tour Week 6. The aim, as always, is to produce action packed, 25 minute races, where everybody is involved in a dust up with a close rival, irrespective of overall pace. We will stick to the 25 minute, rather than lapcount races in the WST.

AF-RF1 was a pretty successful event then, albeit with a car (the 64 Grantura) that's probably a little too quick for the Sprint class. The whole point was to do the slowest and most controllable cars, and while the Grantura is pretty docile, it is undeniably too fast for the company it was designed to be keeping. It will move from the WST world and in to the wider events world, but TVR won't be lost to the Sprint world, as its older brother, the (60 Grantura) will makes it's debut in this event.

We move from Fantasy "Italy" to Fantasy "Switzerland" as we rock up at Fredhot and Thierrydu81's Vitus Parc - Club Circuit. We drove this a little while ago to discover how fantastic the B0 914's actually are, and it was a very well received event. So, as we're (relatively) familiar with the venue, I'm going to throw something a little different into the mix. Up to now, WST events have always been "single make" or "versus" events, but I'm going to be trying something a little different for the Thursday event, and let's see how we go. We start in familiar territory on Tuesday with a Gordini 1100 vs Mini 1071 event, finish up on Sunday with the proven pair of Lotus Elite and Alpine 1100. For Thursday we have a group for you - Austin Mini 970, Fiat 850TC, Porsche 912, R8 Gordini 1300, Simca Corsa. You have to drive a different car in both races, but which ones you choose is up to you.

The nature of Vitus Club is so varied, and the cars are also so varied, that picking which ones to drive is not a gimme. Take into account the uphills, the downhills, the bumpy kerbs, the longish straights, the blind crests, front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, front engine, rear engine, 4-speed, 5-speed, 6-speed, heavy, light... You might well take a car you know not to be outright fastest, but just because it feels best to you.

That is the Club ideal - pick the car you have the most fun in, and drive the wheels off it.

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,797
    yes please..

4. Jonatan Åcerclinth

Jonatan Åcerclinth
    Premium

Ratings:
    +648
    This has been way too long...

Count me in :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium

Ratings:
    +868
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +810
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Victor Jimenez

Victor Jimenez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    • Like Like x 1
  8. T_rac3

T_rac3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +337
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium

Ratings:
    +3,308
    With regard to vehicle choice from the group on Thursday:-
    1. try and be creative with your choices, otherwise it might as well have been another single make race
    2. definitely don't just pick the fastest two...that's a little bit tragic, tbh.
    3. if you do happen to have a noticeable time difference between your 2 cars, drive the slower car in race 1, faster car in race 2
    :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jonatan Åcerclinth

Jonatan Åcerclinth
    Premium

Ratings:
    +648
    To let you all know my choices:

R1: The Renault because I feel like drifting-ish a little bit and that is by far the most loose reared car in my hands out of the cars available :)

R2: As I've gotten my Mini fix I'm most likely sitting in the 2nd smallest car out of the lot, The Fiat Abarth or, if I feel that I'm too fast while practice is going on, I'm jumping into the Mini :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,797
    Did Somebody mention a Abarth...... I have wild psychedelic memories of one of them or better known as Rupe's vomit comet...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,797
    i will be on the server later for a bit of R&D...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +810
    When roughly rupe..:)

14. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +810
    Im going Abarth Race1...
    Porky Race 2..

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,797
    around normal race time.. 19:30 onwards

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,335
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,797
    After a good couple of hours of testing im still unsure, i like them all, (the 3 cars i tried).
    My findings...
    The Abarth....This is always fun, light and nimble and come on whats not to like about the little beast..
    The Porsche... Very stable straight out the box, and a lovely 3rd gear with pulling power..
    The Simca... Now that's a work out, and it screams floor me till i cry. It may have 6 gears but 5 is probably as high as you need to go or dare.. Kudos to any who get into 6th for hyper speed. Just remember its a long way back down the box..I missed more gears than i hit... will work on this car today... i do live a screamer

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +810
    let me no when your going on m8..

19. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium

Ratings:
    +3,308
    A couple of things to add to Rupe's findings (all of which I agree with):-
    Abarth - the engine is pretty robust (ie it won't blow up that easily) but torque drops very steeply off over 6,800 rpm, so don't bother pushing that redline too hard.
    Porsche - stable indeed, but it needs to be coaxed around smoothly to keep its momentum up. Wringing its neck is not a productive strategy.
    Simca Corsa - engine can be a bit fragile if you don't keep a strict 7,000 rpm redline - esp. on downshifts, so while it wants to rev, you have to keep it in check a little. Wants to swap ends on default setup. A match for anything in the class if you can tame it's bad habits. Big old "if", though.
    Mini 970 - This feels different enough to Tuesdays 1071 to warrant attention. It's peak torque is the same, but at a slightly higher rpm, which when combined with the 970's wider tyres mean less scrabbly wheelspin at the start and under acceleration.
    Renault 1300 - On paper, the fastest in this set. It definitely feels like it has the extra horses, it's a bit more unruly than the others but doesn't maybe need the finesse the others do. Smoke, slide, scream, smile. The hooligan's ride of choice.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Roland

Roland
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,764
    I *might* DID:) make it home in time to join tonights event..
    Car choice will be a split second decision upon joining the server, as usual:roflmao:

Thanks @Rupe Wilson and Stuart for your cars analyses.
    That may very well sound just too tempting to resist...:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1