1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Let's Play: F1 2017 The Game
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Join the conversation on Youtube by clicking here

EU HistorX World Sprint Tour Wk5 @ AF-RF1 - Sunday 22nd January 2017

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club' started by Denis Betty, Jan 12, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 01-01-17, 22-01-17
  1. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Donut Den - Retarded HistorX Club Racer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,023
    WST.jpg

If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge.
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

*DOWNLOADS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT*
    Track: AF-RF1
    Pit box allocation: Download
    GTCC-A1 skinpack: Download
    (For anybody who doesn't already have it installed)

Race 1
    Practice start time:
    GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 19:35 (17 laps)

Race 2
    Practice start time:
    GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 20:35 (17 laps)

Cars: GTTC-A1
    TVR Grantura '64

Entry List
    1. Denis Betty
    2. Stuart Thomson
    3. Hans Sneep
    4. Victor Jimenez
    5. Allan Ramsbottom
    6. T_rac3
    7. Yves Larose
    8. Jack Smith
    9. Nuno Rodrigues
    10. Peter Stokman
    11. Sven-Arne Andersson
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    26. Free slot
    27. Free slot
    28. Free slot
    29. Free slot
    30. Free slot
    UTP #23

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,023
    Welcome to World Sprint Tour Week 5. The aim, as always, is to produce action packed, 25 minute races, where everybody is involved in a dust up with a close rival, irrespective of overall pace.

Soooo then.....Bonyring appeared to kick up a bit of a brouhaha, some say contretemps, some say imbroglio. I am guessing that the slow and easily controllable nature of the cars, along with the open, flat, wide and paved nature of Bonyring's corners meant that liberties got taken initially and objected to subsequently. Lessons duly learned. We move from "Brazil" to "Italy" and afdelta's AF-RF1. RFactor came out end of August 2005, and AF-RF1 appeared at the end of March 2006. The fact that it's still more than viable for our purposes is testament to it's enduring design. We start in the Gordini 1300 on Tuesday, move on to the Porsche 912 on Thursday (for those of you who haven't noticed it yet, this car was a secret Christmas present from Stuart in the last A0 skinpack update, v1.04) and we finish off in the TVR Grantura on Sunday.

The Gordini is a nice familiar start for us, controlling the swaying and sliding. The 912 is actualy lower powered than the Gordini, but has 20% more torque. It shares some familial traits to the 911, but is slightly better balanced due to the smaller lighter engine. The Grantura shone on the wide open spaces of Silverstone, so let's see how it handles a more cramped and tight arena. AF-RF1 has a multitude of features that give it a different character from Bonyring - banking, sawtoothed kerbs, pedestrian style kerbs, slippery grass and gravel on the inside and outside of narrow kerbs... Quite a different proposition, all told.

3. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium

Ratings:
    +3,253

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium

Ratings:
    +844
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Victor Jimenez

Victor Jimenez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +85
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +724
    • Like Like x 1
  7. T_rac3

T_rac3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +286
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,906
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium

Ratings:
    +183
    guys, cant get in server. Getting server error "cant find track (or rfm missmatch) AF-RF1....
    anyone help?

10. Leemz

Leemz

Ratings:
    +3
    Where can I download this mod?

11. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,023
    Well, seeing as you asked so nicely. :p

12. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,023
    No problems here Nuno.
    Did you download and install the track again?
    Check that you have the pit order fix installed?
    I could try rebooting the server if you like?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Leemz

Leemz

Ratings:
    +3
    Allow me to re-phrase: Would anyone be so kind as to point me in the direction of where I may be able to obtain this lovely mod? I've been wanting to try this mod for ages but have never been able to find it. I figured rfactorcentral would have it but, alas, my hopes were dashed. And I tried to install the track but I got an error message, like the WinRAR file was corrupt. I would be eternally in your debt if you or any of your kind members could be of assistance.

Warmest regards,
    Leemz

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  14. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,277
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,277
    Hello ...I may be incorrect as usual but go the Forums page....scroll down and select Rfactor....select the second post under Title. Look for Historx Mod v1.96. In the opening post by Rupe Wilson you will see a link to the game download. If I am incorrect I am sure someone will come to your rescue. Good luck.

16. Slyfrequency

Slyfrequency
    Premium

Ratings:
    +369
    In order to install the mod you must have:
    - GT Legends (DVD version or the digital version purchased at www.SteamPowered.com) - You can get this game very cheaply, it uses assets from this game to create the mod.
    - rFactor

1: Do a quick google for "rFactor Historx 1.96 Mod" and look at the few sites that come up and you will find some download links, you can download the mod through a torrent, or you can download the mod in parts from Driving Italia, you will have to make an account to download.

2: If downloaded via Steam, you need to install GT Legends, once installed, run the game, once the game is at the main menu, exit out of the game. If you have a DVD version, put this into your Disc reader ready for the next step, there is no need to install.

3: Then, whether you downloaded Historx 1.96 through a torrent or driving italia, extract the folder, run the installation exe and follow the instructions.

4: Once Historx has installed, run rFactor, if the mod has installed correctly there should be a different UI for the menus and when you go to select a car there should be all the cars included in the mod.

5: If you're looking to join the Historx races here at RaceDepartment, you will first need a premium membership, Click on link in Denis first post.

6: Once you've got your premium membership, you will have access to the password for the server, and then you will need to download the track, install "AF-RF1" to Gamedata > Locations in your rFactor folder.

7: Finally, download the "Pit Allocation" file and copy and paste the "rFm" folder to your rFactor folder.

8: Join the server, drive clean, have fun :thumbsup:

Bonus: If you've installed the mod and realise you only have a certain amount of money and cannot access all of the cars, go into a race, and in the CHAT, type " ISI_BABYFACTORY " (All caps), and it will be like you have won the lottery :cool: This is a cheat to give you a lot of money and also unlocks all of the cars.

(If I missed anything, someone please feel free to correct me)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
  17. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ratings:
    +1,023
    [​IMG]
    Great answer from Slyfrequency. That deserves a (very rare) Big Gold Star mate. The only thing I can add, is that I own a DVD copy of GT Legends, and there is no need to install the game. You just put it in the DVD reader drawer and the installer will find it. I mention this, because the DVD has copy protection software on it called Starforce., On a later version of Windows, it attacked my PC and rendered it useless. Took me a week to get rid of it. You can migrate the DVD version to Steam if you wanna play GTL, but don't install the DVD version.
    BTW, thanks to @Jack Smith for a pretty good answer too. It's great to be a part of this club. WD guys. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Slyfrequency

Slyfrequency
    Premium

Ratings:
    +369
    Updated the post mate ;)
    Thanks for the star, hope its 24 Carat Gold :)

19. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +724
    @Slyfrequency,
    knowing denis:cautious::cautious:,it will be Tin with Gold Plated:whistling::whistling::);):laugh:

• Haha Haha x 3
  20. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium

Ratings:
    +183
    done @Denis Betty , thank you, it was indeed the track. Im ready to roll!
    now u can sign me up if u please
    welcome Leemz!
    beside all the instructions u had already, they forgot to tell you the last of it:
    - take a pill (something like xanax or similar) cause this mod is so awsome that u will get crazy, and bonus (yes, one more bonus), this guys are the best u can find to do fantastic fair-play races!

• Like Like x 2