1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU HistorX World Sprint Tour Wk1 @ Vayline Sunday 25th September 2016

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club & Leagues' started by Denis Betty, Sep 16, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 25-09-16
  1. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

Sprint Tour Flyer.jpg
    If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!
    Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars: GTTC A0
    Renault 8 Gordini 1300 '66

Specs for all of the cars in the mod are available HERE

Track: Vayline Int'l Long

Pit box allocation: Download

Race 1
    Practice start time:
    GMT 18:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 18:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 18:35 (17 laps)

Race 2
    practice start time:
    GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 19:35 (17 laps)

Entry List
    1. Denis Betty
    2. Stuart Thomson
    3. Hans Sneep
    4. Knut Omdal Tvieto
    5. Stan
    6. Jack Smith
    7. Yves Larose
    8. Roland
    9. Stig Bidstrup
    10. Peter Stokman (maybe)
    11. Allan Ramsbottom
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    26. Free slot
    27. Free slot
    28. Free slot
    29. Free slot
    30. Free slot
    UTP #13

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  2. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

Gentlemen drivers of the HistorX Racing Club: as some of you know (and most likely all of you suspect), setting up and running events is a bit more involved than 'pick a car, pick a track, lob them together and hope for the best'. There are several criteria that we consider when creating events, but one of the most consistently useful and valuable is user feedback.
    Over the past few months, we've heard and read multiple instances of, and variations on, people extolling the virtues of where they've had close racing. Events where everyone was able to race, and not just isolated pockets of racing either, but racing right throughout the field.

What we found upon analysing the events was that the most successful ones in terms of feedback, attendance and broad-based user enjoyment were the Anneau du Rhin GTTC-A0 event, the Birmingham Alpine v Elite event and the single make events at Seven. Controllable, well matched cars on a short and not too technical course. People right through the field were racing, not concentrating on hanging on to a powerful car by their fingernails, or creeping though technically punishing multi-turn complexes...proper racing.

With that in mind, and with our requirement to be ahead of the game in terms of creating an events stockpile so we aren't resorting to throwing things into a bowl and hoping it turns out OK, we began to hatch a plan to kill two birds with one stone, and that plan has evolved into this :- The HistorX Sprint World Tour.

What form this takes is that for one week per calendar month, we will be running 3 events using (initially) the A0 class (with a couple of A1 cars), either in single make or matched "versus" formats, on fairly simple but hopefully enjoyable short course tracks (3km max) from around the World. This will be an ongoing set of events, so people will be able to develop setups and pace rivalries, allowing the racing to be nice and close from front to back of the grid, and from green light to chequered flag. The races will still be planned for approx. 25 minute duration, but the short nature of the tracks will mean relatively high lapcounts, with the hopefully close nature of the racing making it feel like non stop action with people you are comparable to in pace.

Just as a reference for you, the Anneau du Rhin layout we drove was pretty much bang on 3km, ie the longest a track could be in the Tour, while the shorter Birmingham track was only 2.36km.

This series will start on the "Long" (2.5km) layout of Vayline International in Germany. There is a slight quirk with this track, in that the racing line looks like it is sending you to cut a chicane in the middle of the lap. Irrespective of where the groove points, we will be observing the kerbs and white lines. See below:
    Vayline1.jpg
    Vayline2.jpg

Here is the turn showing the Acceptable Racing Surface highlighted in Yellow, so two wheels would need to be on the Yellow area At All Times.

3. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stan

Stan
    Premium Member

7. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

9. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Music to my ears...:D

So yes, please, I'll have a go at these.

10. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

@Roland - we had a little go in these after the Minis last night...it might have been the stark contrast after the Minis, but the Gordini suddenly felt huge, heavy and powerful. I was saying to @Knut Omdal Tveito on TS that you suddenly had to drive it "properly" rather than "lift off, drift, stamp on". I mean, times weren't any faster than the (beautifully balanced and matched) Minis or the Fiats, but recording those times felt waaaay different.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Haha, getting from a car with FF layout into one that's RR layout indeed should better make a big difference to be believable..Too bad I couldn't make thursdays event. Not too sure about the Fiat, but I bet throwing the Mini around was properly good fun!

I will actually try to squeeze in some practice laps to get a feel for the Gordini, as to have any chance of keeping it in one piece for 17 laps.... twice!:laugh:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

:)

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  13. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium Member

I hope i can make it tonight (gonna try )

14. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

yes plz..just in time i think.:);):thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

• Like Like x 4
  16. Stan

Stan
    Premium Member

What an nice race event! Great combo. Long time ago I finished 2nd and 1st.
    1 first race I folowed @Yves Larose and had @Stig Bidstrup behind me. Luckily that track wouldn't longer otherwise I had finished on 3rd.

2. Race was bit more exciting and exhausting!
    Run into an 1:29 in quali and got the Pole. @Allan Ramsbottom did an amazing start was a close fight with him until 2nd lap he got into oversteer it looked like in the mirror, hope it wasn't my fault. Later I did then some tiny mistakes and @Stig Bidstrup passed me. 1 or 2 laps after that @Yves Larose passed me too. They got meters by meters away had an nice fight. After some laps I get closer to them again. After 1 or 2 laps behind them I could attack them and passed Yves and later Stig. The last 2 laps I was so nervous and did again some tiny mistakes where they came closer but in some corners maybe they did some mistakes so I could stand infront and won the race.

Thx @Denis Betty for this organisation of that races.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  17. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Grats @Stan! Your practice efforts really paid off last night!
    Indeed a really nice event. As said before, I think the track is brilliant; very detailed, nice elevation changes and great overall atmosphere.
    Those little cars are fun too: not too fragile, easier to control than some others, I like them!

Thanks all for racing, Thanks Denis and RD for the event! CY next week.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

Yes, well done @Stan. I agree another great combo. I thought that I had destroyed my engine in race 1 but checking the replay I see the hit and run :( that I took just after the start of lap 2 instantly cooked the engine so I sadly became a spectator. I assume the driver who hit me did not realize what had happened so no big issue.

Race 2 was much more exciting and I was battling the whole event right up to the moment I hit a wall of tires for no apparent, logical reason, and had to go to the pits for a tire change..... back out on track a lap down but I moved up a couple spots due the the misfortunes of other's DNF's. :whistling:

Cheers to all drivers, thanks Denis for the event.

• Like Like x 4