1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU HistorX Underdogs @ Toban - Sunday 7th August 2016

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club & Leagues' started by Denis Betty, Jul 28, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 07-08-16
  1. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

Underdogs Sun Flyer.jpg

If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name:
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Ford Shelby Mustang '66 (A3)

Specs for all of the cars in the mod are available HERE

Track: Toban GP (Default content)
    Pit box allocation: Download

Race 1
    Practice start time:
    GMT 18:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 18:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 18:35 (15 laps)

Race 2
    practice start time:
    GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 19:35 (15 laps)

Entry List
    1. Denis Betty
    2. Hans Sneep
    3. Quas
    4. Yves Larose
    5. Allan Ramsbottom
    6. Joe Cannarozzo
    7. Stig Bidstrup
    8. Jack Smith
    9. Sven-Arne Andersson
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    26. Free slot
    27. Free slot
    28. Free slot
    29. Free slot
    30. Free slot
    UTP #29
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  2. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Underdogs are cars which seldom get a run out, because they're not the most fashionable or maybe not the quickest in their class. Let's give them their moment in the sun and perhaps discover something we've been missing out on.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

4. Quas

Staff Premium Member

I'll try to be there, probably gonna take a day free on sunday :).
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Had a good time last night, though I wasn't particularly fast:p. I love the track, but after a tough day and a long race my arm was killing me, so I only made R1. The car was reasonably comfortable to drive and I managed to knock 1.5 secs off my PB :thumbsup:. @Peter Stokman told me I'm missing the apex's a lot, so I have to learn to brake earlier, probably a lot earlier. I find the constant tyre screech with HistorX a little off putting though, as I'm never quite sure when I've locked up a wheel without looking for tyre smoke in the mirror :(
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Maybe you could play with settings a bit Tim? There may be something in the sound effects options and it's worth trying medium or high on the FFB settings. Purists don't like med/high because it introduces "canned effects", but if you find it works for you.....
    BTW, I've corrected the lap count now. :whistling:
  8. Quas

Staff Premium Member

I wouldn't go higher than medium with ffb settings, but maybe you could crank the force up a bit? It should make it easier to feel on most cars.
    If you get much more tire squeel than in Peter's video for example, you are either entering corners too fast (which would make you miss apexes), or there must be something wrong with the settings (or a combination of both).
    Did you replace the whole ffb part in your controller.ini (Userdata/Tim Ling) with the one found in HistoricGT_misc/G25_FF_Controller.txt ??
    Another idea: If you're running a much lower lock than 900, you might be over-steering the fronts constantly, which would result in lots of squeel (and understeer > missed apexes) also.
    Also, try not to use much more brake force than 80% in your setup (except for cars like the SLR which have very weak brakes) if you get lock-ups too often.

I'd recommend to start with finding braking spots that make sure you hit the apex every lap and work your way up from there.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

The FFB is fine, and I don't run it too high, as my wrist and arm can't take too much (remember I'm driving 1 handed :rolleyes:) . As for tyre squeal, I get it constantly, even on the straights. Any help to kill this noise will be greatly appreciated! Here's the "sound options" section from my plr file
    [ Sound Options ]
    Net Race Warning="Secondary\racestart.wav" // Signal that multiplayer game has moved to race session (empty this if you don't want the game to automatically take window focus)
    Maximum Effects="32" // Maximum sound effects playing simultaneously
    Music="1" // Music Toggle
    Track Load Commentary="1" // Whether or not the commentator should talk during track loading
    Realtime In Monitor="1" // Whether to play realtime sounds in monitor
    SoundFX Volume="0.31724" // 0.0-1.0
    Engine Volume="0.33103" // 0.0-1.0
    Traction Control="1.75000" // Volume multiplier
    Player Volume Ratio="0.74828" // Additional volume multiplier for player's vehicle
    Other Volume Ratio="0.70000" // Additional volume multiplier for other vehicles
    Music Volume="0.05517" // 0.0-1.0
    Pit Volume="0.50000" // 0.0-1.0, controls volume of pit sounds while you're at the monitor
    Spotter Volume="1.00000" // 0.0-1.0
    Sound Detail="2"
    Speed Of Sound="300.00000" // 340m/s at sea level, but lower numbers help exaggerate the Doppler effect
    Crowd Range="75.00000" // Volume range parameter
    Crowd Shape="0.75000" // Shape of volume attenuation
    Crowd Ambient="2.50000" // Ambient range where volume is maximum
    Airhorn Range="75.00000"
    Airhorn Shape="0.75000"
    Airhorn Ambient="2.50000"
    Public Address Range="50.00000"
    Public Address Shape="0.75000"
    Public Address Ambient="2.50000"
    Pithorn Range="30.00000"
    Pithorn Shape="0.45000"
    Pithorn Ambient="1.50000"
    Helicopter Range="75.00000"
    Helicopter Shape="0.70000"
    Helicopter Ambient="2.50000"
    Vehicle Scrubbing VolMult="0.0000000311"
    Vehicle Scrubbing FreqGrip="-0.15000"
    Vehicle Scrubbing FreqSpeed="0.00250"
    Vehicle Skidding VolMult="0.00705"
    Vehicle Skidding FreqGrip="-0.55000"
    Vehicle Skidding FreqSpeed="0.00750"
    Vehicle Roadnoise VolSpeed="35.00000"
    Vehicle Roadnoise VolMult="0.01555"
    Vehicle Roadnoise FreqMin="0.80000"
    Vehicle Roadnoise FreqMult="0.00250"
  10. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

11. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

@Denis Betty
    im in plzzz..
    i see gordon ramsey is gunna show up lol.:whistling::whistling::sneaky::sneaky::);):thumbsup:
  12. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

@Tim Ling I have my engine noise up full. If you adjust the overall volume to suit - from desktop> volume mixer - that might help with the tyre squeeling?
  13. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

@Denis Betty I don't think that's the problem mate, as the tyres squeal even when I'm driving in a straight line :(
  14. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

All I'm saying is, if you turn the engine noise up relative to other sounds, it'll drown it out a bit. I noticed in your sound options that engine volume is 0.33103. Mine is @ 1.0 - worth a try?
    If the tyres squeel after 200 M driving straight with no acceleration/braking and no cornering then there's a very strange problem. Hand brake stuck on or something. Have you checked that in replays?
    This is all silly stuff, I know but "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

I don't think it's the handbrake...my snail-like pace is my fault :p. I'm going to compare the sound section of the PLR to my rF PLR and see if there are any differences, as rF seems to be ok. As for the engine noise, I turned that down so using TS was easier, it's still plenty loud enough in game :thumbsup:
  16. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

Well there is a lot of tyre squeal in these cars--but if you have it when your doing 120 mph in a straight line alone on the track--then something is wrong :coffee:, you have a G27 as I remember, your not resting the foot on the brake ?? and having 100 % sensitivity on the brake settings ?? brake sensitivity using G27 should be zero or 0 % especially in this Mod.
    @Denis Betty when we get the time for it, we must make a video on how to install HistorX mod and how to set up the basic stuff in this Mod-- you do the talking ( you have a nice radio voice ) I do the recording :thumbsup: it will be a blockbuster :D
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Joe Cannarozzo

Joe Cannarozzo
    Premium Member

Sign me up please:thumbsup:
  18. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

I do have a G27, but I have clubsport pedals. I'll check the brake sensitivity when I get home, as I've never read that before.
  19. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Ok @Tim Ling, this would be so much easier on TS. You don't think that if the tyre noise was quieter, relative to all other sounds (ie. lower in the mix) that it would help? I think it's worth a try but if you really don't wanna that's fine.
    Just to humour me, you could try this. With TS and HistorX both running, turn the engine volume up full (you can adjust effects volume levels later). Alt+Tab to desktop and click the speaker icon on your task bar. Select volume mixer. You should have some faders visible in volume mixer. Turn rFactor (HistorX) way the heck down. I run mine at ~ 5%, something like that. This will need some tesing and fine tuning but the overall effect should be - engine volume and TS volume similar to what you have now, with way less volume on the tyre squeeling.
    This may not be a complete solution to the problem, but it will help stop the tyre noise from being so overpowering. Just trying to help buddy. :thumbsup:
  20. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

I think you've misunderstood me mate. I just went back to Toban in the 2002ti; I get tyre screech at 30 mph in the pit lane, then allllllll round the track for 99% of the lap, even on the main straight. I'm trying a fresh install to see if that will fix it :(