1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU HistorX Renault Alpine v Lotus Elite @ Birmingham - Sunday 21st August 2016

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club & Leagues' started by Denis Betty, Aug 12, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 21-08-16
  1. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name:
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Renault Alpine A110 1100 '66
    Lotus Elite '59, '61, '63
    Specs for all of the cars in the mod are available HERE

Track: Birmingham Sprint - Sprint Race
    Birmingham GP - Feature Race Download

Sprint/Feature is a format new to HistorX Racing Club, and it works like this:-
    Race1 & Race2 take place - using the same lapcount - around 2 different layouts of the same track. The different length of the layouts means that total racing time will be the same as a normal Club event, but instead of a 25min / 25min split, it will be closer to a 20min / 30min split, giving it more of a Sprint/Feature feel.

Pit box allocation: Download

Race 1
    Practice start time:
    GMT 18:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 18:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 18:35 (15 laps)

Race 2
    practice start time:
    GMT 18:55 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:15 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 19:30 (15 laps)

Entry List
    1. Denis Betty
    2. Stuart Thomson
    3. Allan Ramsbottom
    4. Knut Omdal Tveito
    5. Hans Sneep
    6. Joe Cannarozzo
    7. Stan (maybe)
    8. Jack Smith
    9. Andy Jones
    10. Peter Stokman
    11. Sven-Arne Andersson
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    26. Free slot
    27. Free slot
    28. Free slot
    29. Free slot
    UTP #15
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

The choice of cars for this event is open, ie you can choose either the Alpine or the Elite, but whatever car you take in Race1, you must also take in Race2. No changing of cars between Race1 & Race2.
  3. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

4. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

be rude not to....how come theres no change Denis???..:);):thumbsup:
  5. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Change in what?
    On Sunday we get to choose - Tues is all Alpine, Thurs is all Elite.
    I'm hoping that on Sunday, some people will choose the Alpine and some the Elite. It may be that they feel one is easier to drive, quicker, less likely to blow an engine - whatever. But, you have to choose one car and stick with it for both races. It's part of the Sprint/Feature format. WE (read some bloke more clever than me) have come up with something to add even more variety and fun to our club events arsenal. It's an experiment ATM and we may improve it in future (if the club members feel it needs improving) Keep yer eyes peeled for more new formats (well, at least one more) coming soon. :D
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

8. Joe Cannarozzo

Joe Cannarozzo
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

Right i see now...in that case i will be in the Elite..:);):thumbsup:
  10. Stan

Premium Member

please sign me in as maybe but the weather forecast looks bad for sailing ;)
  11. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

12. Andy Jones

Andy Jones
    Premium Member

sign me up please
  13. Roland

Premium Member

Ha! Home in time. Sign me up please!
  14. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium Member

Almost forgot SIGN ME UP TO RACE PLEASE050% (1).jpg
  15. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

16. Stan

Premium Member

Sorry @Stuart Thomson for the hits on the starts in both races. Noticed in the replay that you spun out. :(
  17. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Roland

Premium Member

Fun couple of races again! I did make a tiny bit of a mess of them, though..:confused:

On this track I found the Elite a bit harder to control than tuesday's Alpine, and I had near-crashes in both races. Unfortunately, both times it was just in front of Knut's car, who was then unable to avoid me both times. Sorry @Knut Omdal Tveito!:redface:

Also in race 2 while battling with Joe for the lead (!) in the long turn 2 going uphill, I put a rear wheel on the grass and spun the car.. While this was all my own doing and @Joe Cannarozzo didn't do anything wrong, he decided to wait for me anyway just in case, throwing away an almost certain race win in the process..
    Thanks buddy, that's true gentlemen racing spirit! :thumbsup::notworthy:

Apart from the sometimes messy racing lines, I had tons of fun in both races. Thanks all! Thanks Denis and RD!
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

This is the true gentleman racer's spirit of our club. Thank you @Joe Cannarozzo for showing us all how we should conduct ourselves at this club. You are a proper gent. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
    This is a great example of something @Stuart Thomson posted a week or two ago. He said he would rather wait and lose a few places, than risk getting a good finish - only to find out later that he had gained an unfair advantage and impeded another racer during the race. I agree - it's the aproach we should all be taking. Remember, the emphasis at this club is on fun and fair play and not just on winning. There is always another race around the corner. :thumbsup:

I feel that we have made good progress in moving this club forward in recent months. Gentleman's racer spirit is a big factor in this. Well done guys, well done to all of you. Let's keep this up and continue to work on improving our beloved club. :D:D:D
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

That wasn't exactly my experience last night.

I have no issue making mistakes on my own and paying the price... but - when we're 4 abreast going into a corner, and only I pull out to try and at least attempt to assure we all get through, and then the other 3 all close into me before I can even vacate the space, hit me and drive off (wasn't just you Stan), it becomes a bit hard to take. The only who tries to think about more than himself ends up being the one most disadvantaged. It makes it very easy to think "right, sod that, next time I'm driving straight through and sod everyone else".

The additional problem when the cars are so close and easy to drive, is that once you're off for whatever reason, you have to be hotlapping just to catch up, which leads to mistakes, which leads to bigger gaps, etc. etc.
    • Like Like x 1