1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU HistorX Lotus Elite @ Bedford Autodrome - Tuesday 12th July 2016

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club & Leagues' started by Quas, Jul 8, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 12-07-16
  1. Quas

Staff Premium Member

If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name:
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

GTTC A1
    Lotus Elite '59 '61 '63

Track: Bedford Autodrome (National Challenge) Download
    Pit box allocation: Download

Race 1
    Practice start time:
    GMT 18:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 18:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 18:35 (16 laps)

Race 2
    practice start time:
    GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 19:35 (16 laps)

Entry List

1. Jarek Kostowski
    2. Tim Ling (maybe)
    3. Hans Sneep
    4. Allan Ramsbottom
    5. Stuart Thomson
    6. Denis Betty
    7. JeffL
    8. Jack Smith
    9. Yves Larose
    10. Peter Stokman
    11. Sven-Arne Andersson
    12. Roland
    13. Joe Cannarozzo
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    26. Free slot
    27. Free slot
    28. Free slot
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2016
  2. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Once again, I hope to be racing in this one, but my wife has another band rehearsal on Monday, and that kinda messes the week up a little.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Quas

Staff Premium Member

We just decided to go on a spontaneous 3 day trip to visit family in Poland before all crap brakes loose with the restaurant. We'll be going late tonight, bloody shame as i love the Elite, i was voting we go next week just to be able to attend this race but it's her mother's birthday so my argument was invalid :unsure:.

Anyway, this is one extra round of events from me to say THANK YOU to all of you for 3 wonderful years in this club. I loved every minute of doing events for you guys and if it wasn't for the restaurant i'd be doing this as long as you'd have me, open end.
    I don't want to make shallow promises as to when and how i'll be back and i'm not saying goodbye yet, but the plan is to sneak away from work for at least 2 races a week, once we get a bit of a routine going.
    With Denis in charge and Yves doing as much work for us as ever, i'm confident this club will continue to be my happy place, very glad i'm "leaving" (temporarily!) on good terms, did my best to keep this little community within a community going and i'm 100% sure so will Mister Betty :thumbsup:.

Thanks for all your help & patience @Yves Larose , thank you for taking over and keeping the club alive more then ever @Denis Betty and thanks for bringing my favourite simracing software to RD @Rupe Wilson .
    Last but not least thanks to @Bram & RD for giving us this little corner to play in and pretty much letting us "do our thang" here :thumbsup:.

Thanks to all of you who raced here for countless hours of fun, i can't put in words how much enjoyment i got from spending my free time with you fine gentlemen.
    Hope nobody minds if i give a special mention to @Hans Sneep , thanks for supporting my events and our club by always signing up first, thanks for being a good sport and driving every combo no matter if you struggle with it and always giving your best to finish. It doesn't take top alien splits to be a top racer, i've seen this guy finish like a boss on 3 wheels with half the car missing :D. That is oldschool club racing spirit.

Speaking of missing and boy i will be missing this!
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

I'm in.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Quas

Staff Premium Member

Server is up

I'll be on for at least an hour.
  9. JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

I'm down
  10. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

11. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Had a quick go on the server last night... pretty nice :thumbsup:
  12. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

I'll be there
  13. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium Member

SIGN ME UP TO RACE PLEASE050% (1).jpg
  14. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

15. Roland

Premium Member

Cr*p! Forgot to signup!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Joe Cannarozzo

Joe Cannarozzo
    Premium Member

Sign me up for race 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

First of all I want to say a huge sorry for my car ending up in the middle of the track and just sitting there :sick::thumbsdown::poop: . My wife has injured her knee and can't walk, and someone came to the front door, so then I had to rush to answer it. I tried to steer the car onto the grass, but it obviously didn't stay there. So very, very sorry :(:poop::cry:
    • Haha Haha x 2
  18. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

Had to quit out of R2 because I'm pretty sure I was lagging and causing problems.
    Sorry to those affected.
  19. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

I was so gutted I had to bail last night as it's the first time I've ever felt hooked up in the Elites, I was really enjoying the driving, and the racing just made it even better. More Elites please! Maybe at Toban or Lime Rock Mountain?
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Well...I did wonder :roflmao:. I wouldn't worry too much, mate. At least your car had a high vis livery so we could avoid it. :thumbsup:

Rather a good night, I thought. The track worked very well with the Elites, even back in the GTL days they never let us down for close racing. After R1 where everyone ironed out the wrinkles, the grid for R2 was incredibly close, something like 83% within 1 sec.

R1 I had a very nice race indeed with, at various points, @Yves Larose , @Roland & Joe (possibly a few others as well, apols if I've missed you out), swapping places a fair few times right through the race. I think I ended up 4th at the end?

As was mentioned on TS though, any mistake, no matter how slight or marginal, was punished by about a 3-4 place loss, the racing was that close.

R2 was better in terms of result, laptime and drive (2nd and no mistakes), but quieter in terms of racing. I got into P3 fairly uneventfully, watching Sven racing Allan for the lead, but Sven had a pretty nasty off with about 3 or 4 laps to go, putting me up to P2 and while I was closing on the overheating (I think ?) Allan, it was him in conservation mode, and the lead was never in real doubt.

Thursday's Alfas have more grunt and more grip, and I suspect that second Chicane is going to be more of an issue for them, just due to the physical dimensions and the Alfa's fat tyres. The Elite is svelte enough to drive straight between those sleeping policemen and just wiggle it's bum in a little slide on it's skinny tyres on the way out. The Alfa will not be able to, so it'll be interesting, to say the least.

Thanks Jarek for the event, Denis for the admin & RD :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 6