1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU HistorX Lotus Cortina @ Trois-Rivieres Friday 4th March 2016

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club & Leagues' started by Denis Betty, Feb 24, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 04-03-16
  1. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]
    If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Server IP in case matchmaker is down: 213.163.71.106:34297
    Cars: Lotus Cortina '65
    Track: Trois - Rivieres Download here
    Pit box allocation: Download

Race 1
    practice start time:
    GMT 19:30 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:50 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 20:05 (16 laps)

Race 2
    practice start time:
    GMT 20:25 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 20:35 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 20:50 (16 laps)

Entry List
    1. Free Slot
    2. Hans Sneep
    3. Roland (probably)
    4. Jack Smith
    5. JeffL
    6. Allan Ramsbottom
    7. Sven-Arne Andersson
    8. Free slot
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    26. Free slot
    27. Free slot
    28. Free slot
    29. Free slot
    30. Free slot

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  2. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Please sign me up as "Probably" 'cause I won't know for sure until friday :unsure:

4. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

5. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

Sign me up.

6. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

Sorry guys, I have to work this evening. :(
    If Jarek isn't able to join, you guys will need to vote for next session.
    Hope to see you Sunday if all goes well.

8. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Sign me up please with a late enter.

9. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

I'm taking the last day off today. I'm fit again but had to wrestle a difficult customer and his mechanic for almost 4 hours in the cold, gonna spend the evening with a tea in bed, better save than sorry. At least he took the car :).

See you on sunday, old chaps. Please vote it to quali tonight.

10. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

Sign me out please.

11. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Despite limited attendance, this was still jolly good fun!

R1 was not a great success for me personally, as I struggled with the RHD cars, crashed twice, and got a front tyre puncture twice :confused:. So after I'd limped into the pit a second time, apparently my mechanics were out of fresh tyres, as they refused to service my car no matter what I tried; I ended up retiring from R1 (or maybe I forgot their paychecks last month:unsure:)

R2 more than made up for it though: I was informed that there certainly were LHD cars available and the reason I couldn't find one turned out to be that I was in the wrong car: Mistakenly I'd picked a Ford Lotus Cortina instead of a Lotus Ford Cortina :confused::O_o: And as a bonus this one turned out to be more powerful and lighter too :)

I think both Sven and Allan agreed to take a full load of gas and a weight penalty, or something like that, as we all stayed pretty close together throughout most of the race, with quite a lot of position swaps on this narrow track!
    Despite the limited numbers, I truly enjoyed this race; If only they could all be this much fun!:thumbsup:

Thanks all racers, thanks to Denis for setting up the event, sorry to all who couldn't make it here. CU soon!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

Agree.... it was a good time....I did find that I had to work hard to keep the Cortina from sliding into the hard barriers on some of those tight corners. Cheers to all drivers ... thanks to Denis for the events.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

Who,s mentioning my WEIGHT..:cautious:..Im on a diet.:whistling::whistling:..Really good fun on fri night,shame @Denis Betty could,nt make it cos he likes these devilish cortina,s.;);).think it would have been closer aswell.@Roland finally got in the right car..:p:p,and @Sven-Arne Andersson settling in we had a fairly good fun race with @Jack Smith sniffing round the exhaust pipes.:laugh::laugh:,well he is canadian.:O_o:..Hope to see you guys on sunday,and if not...Tough.:);):thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1