• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Historx - Headlights do not reflect on other cars?

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Alex Ball, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Ratings:
    +71
    Hey guys,

I have an odd problem with the brilliant Historx mod. When I race in any car, and put my headlights on, they do not affect the other cars _at all_. The headlights work as normal in every other way, i.e. they reflect on the road, barriers, buildings, etc. I can't see any way to fix this and I have not got the problem with any other mod, only historx.

Anyone else had it, and if so, did you manage to fix it?

Cheers,
    Al

2. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +200
    When a model is imported to GMT there's a setting for this. By default it's off. If these cars have been imported without this set or ticked they want have light reflection. This mod has been around for a long time though and this is the first time this has been mentioned that I've seen.

I would have thought it would be your running less then DX9 but if you are and all other mods are fine then the above is the only thing I can think of.

Can it be fixed? If it is the above mentioned is the cause then no, you can't fix it.

3. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Ratings:
    +71
    Thanks for taking the time to reply mate.

I run DX9 :/

4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,246
    Had my first run in Rfactor and history X today
    There is a new release 1.96
    All i can say at this is i was surprised at how good it was :thumbsup: