1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU HistorX GTTC-B2 @ Rattlesnake Point - Thursday 30th June 2016

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club & Leagues' started by Denis Betty, Jun 23, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 30-06-16
  1. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]
    If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars:

BMW 3.5 CSL Schnitzer '74 '75
    Chevrolet Corvette Stingray '68 '69 '74
    Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L88 '69
    Chevrolet Corvette Stingray ZL1 '69
    De Tomaso Pantera Factory '76
    De Tomaso Pantera GTS '72
    De Tomaso Pantera Private '76
    Ferrari Daytona GTB/4 '72
    Ford Capri 3100RS '74
    Porsche 911RS 2.8 '73
    Porsche 911RSR 3.0 '75
    Porsche 911RST 2.8 '73

Track: Rattlesnake Point Download
    Pit box allocation: Download

Race 1
    Practice start time:
    GMT 18:00 (15 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 18:15 (15 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 18:35 (8 laps)

Race 2
    practice start time:
    GMT 19:00 (15 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:15 (15 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 19:35 (8 laps)

Entry List
    1. Denis Betty
    2. Stuart Thomson
    3. Hans Sneep
    4. Roland
    5. Jarek Kostowski
    6. Allan Ramsbottom
    7. Free slot
    8. Free slot
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    26. Free slot
    27. Free slot
    28. Free slot
    29. Free slot
    30. Free slot
    UTP #9

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Stingray 74 + 911RS for this one please

• Like Like x 1
  3. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

You may only drive any model once this week chaps.

Shnitzer and 911RST/RS for me.

4. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Sign me up please! Cars TBA

• Like Like x 2
  6. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

@Denis Betty - Just to let you know, I might not be home in time for R1, will deffo probably be in for R2 though :thumbsup:

edit: Attendance certainty downgrade :cautious:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

@Denis Betty - OK, so I'm reluctantly having to sign out of tonight as they're moving the mandatory training (that was causing my R1 doubt) back an hour so it now starts at 18.30. Considering I'm in the office @06:45 each morning, my reaction = :mad:

Sorry all, see you Sunday.

• Sad Sad x 1
  8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

@Denis Betty Wait! My training's been cancelled! I'm back in! Best comeback since Lazarus:thumbsup:

Stingray & Duck Tail are Go

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

im in..
    cars dont no yet..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom

@Denis Betty
    sorry m8, fell asleep,am shattered with all this praccy an stuff..

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  11. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Very good night, right up until I stuck a near priceless classic headfirst into a wall and banjoed the engine in R2. The nature of this week means that there are a lot of cars to practice on a long high speed circuit, which mean most mistakes end up a fair old way from the track...ie where the walls are. :rolleyes:

I'm not usually a huge enjoyer of the American V8's, but on RSP they are pretty good fun. My Stingray ('74 hardtop) was a lovely, wallowy barge of a thing, albeit a barge with an old Saturn 5 booster attached. A few minor (for RSP) offs meant I was at the back, but managed to keep things together to the end, with the rate of attrition meaning that was a podium. Without that, there was no way I was catching the rest of you herberts. I did feel for @Hans Sneep who was mustard in the Capri, but a small brush of the wall took him out of the running with (I think) a double puncture.

The theme of chat on TS for R2 was about jumping into cars cold with no practice on RSP, so I decided to join and lucked out by choosing the Daytona, where a couple of very basic setup clicks got it feeling lovely. Was thoroughly enjoying it, until I pushed beyond it's limits (that I hadn't previously explored, of course), and went headfirst into one of the closer walls, thereby knackering the Fezza. I quietly withdrew from the server so as not to disturb the others, feeling pretty gutted, but knowing that the Ferrari is a pretty well sorted (if mid-pack in pace) car.

Looking forward to Sunday.:thumbsup:

Thanks Denis & RD

• Like Like x 5
  12. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Sorry guys, i had no internet for several hours yesterday, gave up trying half an hour before the soccer game as i planned to skip R2 for it anyway.

See you on sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Very good race night again indeed... And with all the usual Big Guns being away either to Le Mans or to Euro2016, I was there to pick up the scraps..:laugh:

Like Stu said this track really works with the big lumpy V8's, and my R1 weapon of choice was the open-top '68 Vette. With its enormous power and Pantera-like brakes that won't start fading until halfway lap 3...:D.. I managed to take the R1 pole.
    First few laps Hans was giving me quite a run for my money.. I was enjoying the battle but unable to pull away from him until his unfortunate brush.. With the pressure now gone I slightly lost focus, played around a bit too much an eventually lost the victory to Peter in his RSR just 2 corners before the end:roflmao::laugh:

For Race 2 I slightly hesitated to jump into that Porsche RSR cold, as I've seen a few folks struggle with it, but decided to go ahead anyways..
    This worked wonderfully with a setup I found here on the forum thread (I think it's @Yves Larose's :thumbsup: ). Again I got the pole, and in R2 I comfortly sat in the lead for a while. That is until @Denis Betty, RD's biggest BMW lover:D, figured out how to enforce his will onto the Schnitzer he was in and closed the gap in no time... He then made me work really, really hard to stay ahead, I had a few hairy moments in the Porsche, but in the end succeeded this time..
    What a fight that was..:thumbsup: really awesome fun!

I really like this car class, or maybe more the car/track combo! Thanks Denis for the event, and all for racing.

And last but not least:

Best of luck to @Allan Ramsbottom , @Stig Bidstrup , @Denis Betty , @Jarek Kostowski , @Yves Larose and @Ross McGregor (Sorry if I forget anyone) racing the 24H Le Mans Classic Event this weekend! Enjoy your time in France guys!

[In case anyone wonders: http://lmc.old-drivers-spirit.fr/]

• Like Like x 4
  14. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

16. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom

@Roland cheers m8,should be refreshed nbow for the w,end and hope to race sun night lol.:whistling::whistling::);):thumbsup: